Current vacancies - Policy Adviser
Based at our London Cannon Street office, the CBI policy directorates are responsible for developing and lobbying on the CBI policy position on a range of policy areas.
Reporting into the Head of Group, as a Policy Adviser you will enjoy a varied and intellectually stimulating range of work, working alongside and supporting teams of policy professionals, up to Director level. There will be some engagement with senior business leaders to develop CBI policy, building relations with Government officials and politicians in Westminster, as well as communicating CBI members’ views to a wide range of external audiences on public platforms and through the media.
- Research and analysis of public policy, drafting of papers, policy briefs and CBI responses
- Drafting of papers, policy briefs and CBI responses
- Supporting the policy team and Director where required
Communication & Lobbying
- Influencing policy decisions by lobbying UK MPs, civil servants and EU institutions
- Representing the CBI at conferences, external meetings and possibly through the media
Interactions with members
- Discussion with CBI members individually and at committee meetings
- Responding to CBI members’ queries
- Writing articles for CBI membership updates
- Offering support on project work within the department and the CBI
How To Apply
To apply for this role please download the application form, complete quoting ref PA237, and send to email@example.com. If you would like an MS Word version of the application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref PA237 to request this.