Colin Walsh, CEO, Crescent Capital CBI Northern Ireland's 26th Chairman took up his role at the leading business organisation on the 1st of January
Colin Walsh is chief executive of Crescent Capital, a leading local venture capital provider with in excess of £30m of funds under management and is currently chairman of Andor Technology Plc, and a director of several other local companies.
I am honored and delighted to take up this opportunity and challenge. We enter 2014 with a more positive and optimistic outlook, yet much remains to be done to achieve a more sustainable and balanced economy which can benefit everyone. The role of business has never been more important; I look forward to working with our members to create an even better business environment to help create jobs and prosperity for all.
I have identified five key themes which I am particularly keen to secure progress over the coming year:
- Winning the public’s trust in business – we need to demonstrate the positive value of business to society as a whole, and deepen our engagement with politicians
- Boosting businesses capacity to grow and compete – we must do everything to ensure a positive decision on Corporation tax in the final quarter, while ensuring the NI Executive’s policies on access to finance and innovation are effective
- Getting Northern Ireland building – delivering on the recommendations in our infrastructure report, ensuring the planning system is fit for purpose, and creating more competitive energy prices, including progress on the second North/South interconnector
- Ensuring growth makes a difference to everyone – raising ambition and standards in schools, improving business/education links and improving skills together with securing the necessary reforms to employment legislation
- Delivering better and more efficient public services
I am very grateful for the enormous efforts of my predecessor, Ian Coulter, who has
helped strengthen CBI Northern Ireland’s position as the voice of business and set out a compelling agenda for change. I look forward to working with Ian and all the local CBI Northern Ireland team to deliver our agenda in the coming months.”
I would be delighted to hear any comments you have regardng CBI or the work we are doing over the coming months. Please contact me via Anthea Savage: T: 028 9010 1117; E: email@example.com