Based at our Cannon Place office, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing dedicated PA support to three commercial board directors, administrative support for the CBI leadership programmes and other events as appropriate.
This will be a role that requires engaging with all levels of employees, and the post-holder will be required to play an active part in the success of multiple projects across the commercial cluster.
Prioritise, organise and maintain diaries and appointments with flexible approach to deal with the unexpected (e.g. diary conflict).
- Act as interface with offices of senior business contacts.
- Support the Director, co-ordinating workflow in their absence and ensuring colleagues take action.
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, ensuring effective time management of appointments and regularly communicate with Directors with regards to meetings arranged on their behalf.
- Applying flexibility and accuracy with regard to changed schedules.
- Booking and arranging of travel and forward planning of logistics for all relevant meetings.
- Facilitate effective liaison with and between the Directors, Heads of Group, Policy Team, external contacts and other colleagues by being the focal point of organisation within the directorate.
- Respond to incoming telephone queries and administrative requests from colleagues as appropriate.
- Communicate important organisation updates to Directors, Heads of Group and staff within the team as required.
- Work with other directorates towards shared objectives to promote information exchange and joint-working within the organisation.
- Take an active role in driving participation and providing administrative support to multiple projects across the team as required.
- Be the first point of contact when required for the Directors’ visitors to the organisation.
- Undertake any other relevant duties in line with the responsibilities of the post.
Leadership Programme Administration
- Book venues and catering for leadership programme events, including all logistics and supporting documentation.
- Research hotel and travel options for the delegations.
- Co-ordinate all required meeting documentation to participants.
- Print and bind programme materials as applicable.
- Organise conference calls when required.
Skills and experience
- Proven administration and wider support skills including experience of:
- Organisational skills – prioritisation, diary management, event organisation and travel.
- Strong IT literacy, particularly: MS Outlook, MS Dynamix, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet for research purposes.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Highly developed sense of professionalism: work ethic, sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion and diplomacy.
- Good working knowledge of either membership organisations or general businesses.
- Good all-round commercial acumen, including budget administration and liaison with finance teams.
- Awareness of current and future business issues and current affairs.
- Previous experience working in a cross-team structure.
The CBI has six key behaviours that are expected across the business. In practice for this role:
- Collaborative – proactively engages with teams across the business. Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate
- Takes ownership – takes responsibility for own workload and proactively anticipating needs. Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile – is quick to respond to requests and prioritise accordingly.
- Commercial – thinks customer first – responding to enquires and requests for meetings swiftly.
- Innovative – not afraid to do things differently where there are opportunities to deliver better for internal and external customers.
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your applications to email@example.com with 'Director Coordinator' as the subject.