Based at the CBI’s Northern Ireland office, you will be part of the wider CBI Commercial Development and Corporate Events team - responsible for delivering a portfolio of commercial and non-commercial events of various sizes and formats across the UK.
Reporting into the Senior Regional Events & Marketing Manager (based in Northern Ireland) and working closely with the Northern Ireland Regional Director, you will take the lead in managing the CBI Northern Ireland annual calendar of events. This will include initial research, pricing and planning, marketing, sponsorship sourcing and management, speaker management and negotiations with suppliers and venues. The role will involve some travel and is offered on a full-time basis with review after one year. Salary will be in the region of £28k - £31k depending on experience.
Event planning and delivery
- To lead on generation and development of the CBI events programme in Northern Ireland
- Lead responsibility for the successful delivery of CBI Northern Ireland flagship events, including the Annual Dinner and Lunch, as well as conferences and smaller commercial and non-commercial roundtables (where identified);
- Take day to day responsibility for the high quality resourcing and delivery of assigned events in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets;
- Ensure that every timetabled event has an ‘Event Plan’ containing a critical path with clear milestones, budget targets, delegate targets and a well-targeted marketing strategy;
- Work closely with colleagues to understand, manage and communicate pre-event briefings and materials which need to be produced for internal and external stakeholders;
- Regularly review all CBI event models to ensure that they are still delivering in terms of member and commercial value;
- Work closely with the Regional Events & Commercial Development Senior Manager as well as taking input from the Northern Ireland Regional Director to identify and shape commercial events and sponsorship opportunities within the Northern Ireland region and deliver a plan on how to exploit them;
- Identify and approach suitable partners/stakeholders, drafting detailed proposals for various partner levels, and pitching presentations to stakeholders;
- Develop creative sponsorship proposals which include attractive and competitive benefits packages;
- Account manage all sponsors and ensure all contracts, invoicing, proofs and partner evaluations are completed in line with brand and commercial guidelines;
- Develop and enhance relations with sponsor stakeholders, external suppliers, venues, competitor and other organisations, ensuring that we keep up with competitor offerings
- Plan and deliver impactful and measurable event marketing campaigns, using the appropriate channel mix
- Work closely with other colleagues to understand, manage and communicate pre-event briefings and materials which need to be produced for internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure all large commercial events have a communications plan, identifying key marketing opportunities which can enhance CBI profile and that of our sponsors/partners;
- Maintain a strong understanding of the CBI’s Business Plan and how external factors are affecting delivery on the ground;
- Collaborate with the regional events team on projects, sharing information and supporting where required;
- Provide regular financial and event data for reporting purposes;
- Assist at and attend all events as necessary, including CBI Annual Conference in London;
- Liaise with other members of the team to ensure that an excellent standard of customer care is provided to CBI members;
- Take part in cross departmental projects as and when required.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent (preferably in a business, marketing, event-management related subject)
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of event management at a senior level
- Able to demonstrate experience of delivering high profile complex events for 400 plus delegates
- Excellent knowledge of the B2B events market
- Able to demonstrate excellent experience of online events solutions
- Strong working knowledge and application of using CRM, CMS and digital marketing solutions
- Experience of managing budgets and expenditure
- IT literate with strong knowledge of MS Office packages
- An interest in business and current affairs would be beneficial.
The practical actions required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Excellent communication, persuasion, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent project management, organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written skills
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Self-motivated, solution-focussed, resilient with a positive attitude
- Strong team player
- Excellent IT skills
- An entrepreneurial individual with flair, creativity, and tenacity
- A sense of humour to counter the inevitable stress of high-profile events
- Quarterly travel to London and other regions in the UK will be required
- Valid, clean driver license with access to a car.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice, constructively challenging when appropriate, empathetic and approachable
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy; Resourceful, organised and plans effectively
- Agile – Proactive and responsive in addressing stakeholder needs; balances shifting priorities
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment and identify opportunities to exploit; prioritises revenue generating activity whilst delivering exceptional value and service
- Innovative – generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”; is willing to take risks and generate new ideas
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions, ensures data is accessible and up to date.
How to apply
For all applications and inquiries please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Events Manager- Northern Ireland'. The deadline for applications is Friday 26th January.