Reporting to the Head of HR Operations, the Reward and Benefits Adviser will work with the wider HR team to provide a professional and customer focused HR service.
The role will manage all payroll and benefit processes and initiatives, both in the UK and internationally. The responsibilities include being the key point of contact for all payroll related questions within the business and effectively managing and administrating both a range of employee benefits and our payroll and pension function. As a key point of contact for employees, stakeholders and third-party consultants, it will ensure that the benefits arrangements are consistent, up to date and relevant across the business and queries are effectively handled.
This is a fixed term role, to cover for maternity leave.
- Responsible for the collecting and submission of all payroll input data on a monthly basis
- Handling payroll queries raised by internal and external stakeholders, making sure that they are actioned quickly and accurately
- Managing all year-end routines, including updating payroll with all salary review outcomes
- Setting up of payrolls for new starters
- Managing the calculation of all SSP, SMP, SPP
- Liaise with the Belgian payroll team to ensure payroll is completed accurately
- Collaborating with the Finance team to manage the monthly payroll process
- Investigate and resolve all issues and anomalies.
- Liaise with Benefits Broker and individual benefits providers.
- Annually review our benefits provision to ensure it is both market leading, up to standard and value for money.
- Maintain current benefits that are available to employees both within the UK and internationally.
- Run and manage the benefits portal including annual renewals and improvements ensuring regular MI is made available.
- Manage the financial reporting and invoicing of all benefits and the benefits portal.
- Responsible for the administration of the pension scheme.
- Managing on going responsibilities for Auto Enrolment.
- Be the subject matter expert for all payroll, pension and benefits queries.
- Maintain regular contact with managers across their business area in order to proactively identify and solve potential problems before they grow.
- Provide trusted and commercially focused advice to managers on the full range of employee benefits.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships with providers and consultancy firms responsible for systems.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Proven payroll and benefits experience and exposure.
- Experience of managing benefits / portals.
- Experience of managing long term and short term projects.
- Knowledge of current employment legislation, particularly around reward and pensions.
- Strong relationship management skills (including advocacy skills with the ability to persuade) and influence and personal credibility to establish effective relationships within the organisation.
- Confident, articulate and clear communication skills (verbal and written) with strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle challenging conversations in a harmonious manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Good research and analytical skills to interpret Management Information and strong lateral thinking to identify innovative people solutions.
- Ability to work in a team and independently to a high standard without constant supervision and ensure deadlines are met under pressure.
- Proficient organisation, project management and time management skills; ability to multi-task managing multiple projects/demands at times.
- Must be fully aware of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the function and act upon it.
- Microsoft Office skills.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information, seeks wider business input in design of people interventions, works collaboratively with senior and middle managers on people issues, considers impact of work on wider team and business
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account, takes ownership of problems and focuses on solutions, manages up where appropriate, proactive and timely completion of all benefits and payroll processes
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to stakeholders, flexes workload based on business priorities, resilient under pressure; responds positively to shifting priorities, Agile in balancing both proactive and reactive work, well organised with strong project management and time management skills
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment and organisational strategy, understands the business benefit of good management and engaged people
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”, strong lateral thinking to identify innovative people solutions
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions, good research and analytical skills to interpret Management Information and HR data.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Rewards & Benefits Manager' as the subject.