Join us for the next meeting of the Under-35 Network to exchange views on a key issue affecting businesses across the UK, Infrastructure.
From the roads that transport our goods to the broadband that keeps us connected, world-class infrastructure provides strong foundation for businesses to deliver jobs, growth and prosperity for all. By bringing together users, investors, builders and operators, the CBI is able to pin-point bottlenecks provide creative solutions to tackle them. There are some big decisions to be made on national and regional infrastructure over the coming years.
We would love to hear your thoughts on some of the key issues for Infrastructure set out below:
- Planning – Aligning the planning system with the UK’s infrastructure requirements and ensuring timely decision-making.
- Skills – Resourcing the right skills, here in the UK, to deliver some of the most ambitious infrastructure projects in Europe.
- Investment – Boosting political certainty to secure private investment in the UK’s infrastructure networks.
- Regional Growth – Ensuring that the national, regional and local infrastructure agendas all reflect the needs of business users and boost productivity.
- Transport – Safeguarding the resilience of the UK’s transport networks and ensuring investment for the future.
- Digital – Maintaining the UK’s position at the forefront of the digital revolution through continued investment in the UK’s fixed-line and mobile broadband networks.