An industry-based forum for peer-to-peer sharing and learning. HR leaders will address the key challenges and opportunities affecting their industry, including policy, law and workplace.
This event will focus on "Age in the workplace: Recruiting, retaining, and retraining older workers"
Demographic trends in the UK show people engaging with work for longer, which has the potential to help ease skills gaps for some businesses. However, even businesses who are actively working towards greater workplace diversity may experience a new and unique set of challenges as they look at attracting, retaining, and utilising older workers – and it is this we want to discuss with you.
- What workplace challenges are you currently seeing as a result of demographic trends?
- What are the potential benefits for businesses/sectors of people working for longer?
- How can businesses best manage the recruitment and integration of older workers?
- Does technology make it easier or harder to engage older workers?
- What are the best workplace models for getting the best out of workers from multiple generations?
This session will be supported by Mary Bright*, External Liaison lead for CEO UK Insurance, Aviva (see below for biography) and Jenny Lincoln, Age Research and Policy Manager, BITC who will provide an opportunity to share good practice and create opportunities for businesses to learn from each other.
The agenda will also include an update from Kerrie Hunt, Head of Employment at Thrings.
Why join the network?
HR leaders (and those with a significant HR function in their job role) will have the opportunity to address the key issues and challenges affecting their industry, including policy, law and workplace. Through a range of topical themes, including migration, gender pay gap, and workplace health & wellbeing, each HR leader will share practical insight, best practise and help to shape and influence CBI's policy work in people and skills area
Find out more about CBI People & Skills policy