Through sessions in Westminster & Whitehall, Brussels, Delhi or Washington DC, a Devolved Nation or English region, participants are given the tools, techniques and contacts to more effectively map their context for doing business and build their engagement and influence with government and other strategic stakeholders.
- Understand how to lead your business in a changing political environment
- Collaborate with a senior and diverse cross-sector peer group
- Real time issues explored through meetings with thought leaders and policy makers at the most senior level
- Expert-led discussions, theory and scenario planning to embed learning
- Best practice from senior business leaders, site visits and case studies
Who should apply?
We encourage applications from all sizes and sectors of business, and from all UK regions and nations.
- Be within 5 years of c-suite level and already leading a significant part of the business, with a desire to gain a further understanding of the wider political and policy environment.
- Have the support and commitment of their company CEO or Chairman.
- Be prepared to commit ten days of their time over a period of eight months.
Places are limited to 28 per cohort.
Committed to diversity
A diverse cohort supports innovative thinking and the opportunity for critical challenge and debate. We know that your businesses are thinking through the talent pipeline and how you can support your female talent to move up through the organisation – and we want the CBI Leadership Programmes to contribute to this. As such we aim to ensure the gender balance of each cohort is equal. The programme is open to applications from individuals employed by any company operating in the UK.
A lively alumni network
The engagement does not stop when the programme ends. Our alumni network, supported by London Business School, gives participants access to a series of exclusive events focused on leadership development, discounts for other CBI events and a monthly newsletter to keep up to date.
All our cohorts continue to meet on a regular basis to share business challenges and best practice.
Locations & logistics
Typically, the programme kicks off with a session in Westminster, and is followed by trips to Brussels, a UK region or nation and then an international destination. The programme wraps up in Westminster and will also include a priority guest invitation to the CBI Annual Conference. Please note sessions are sequenced to maximise political and policy relevance and participants should ideally attend all of the sessions.
The programme is held over ten days, with two cohorts running over 12 months.
- Summer cohort: starting June 2019
- Winter cohort: starting October 2019
The fee for the full ten day programme is £7,000 (excluding V.A.T and expenses) for CBI members and £10,000 for non-members, with an additional discount available for small businesses.
Participants are expected to cover the cost of their transport and accommodation during the programme, but the CBI will provide access to discounted hotel rates and will provide refreshments throughout the sessions.
We're committed to your privacy. Find out how we look after your data.