- Understand what the policy, political and economic landscape means for your business.
- Appreciate how societal expectations and technological progress are changing the role of business and government.
- Know who is influencing change beyond central government and how to engage decision makers.
- Land your key messages and build your influence with different audiences – personally and for your business.
With political uncertainty high, shifting societal expectations and rapid technological progress bringing both new opportunities and new challenges, next generation leaders, across all sectors will play a crucial role in helping their organisations respond to change.
The ability to look beyond your business and really understand and anticipate the political, social and economic drivers of change, is a skill that is high valuable in business. The CBI can help you to hone and embed these skills within your business, ensuring you are better-prepared to find the best solutions to adapt your business for change ahead.
- Examine the political, economic and policy context in which UK companies operate.
- Explore the skills and understanding needed to maintain a competitive advantage in an ever changing market.
- Get to know your local decision makers and the role of business in your community.
- Understand how policymaking works in Europe and make the most of Brexit.
- A CBI toolkit will enable you to get your messages heard effectively.
- A final 2 day workshop, which pulls together everything you have learnt to solve big issues puzzling policy makers and business alike.
Logistics & location
This eight day programme brings together groups of the most talented next generation leaders from the CBI’s member companies. Sessions will primarily be hosted in London, with the option to visit other regional locations and/or Brussels to fit the agenda content as necessary. Please note sessions are sequenced to maximise political and policy relevance and participants should ideally attend all of the sessions.
Who should apply?
The programme is for those with approximately 10-15 years career experience, who have progressed quickly and are identified as potential future company executives. You should already have significant responsibility within your business. You would typically be at divisional director level or equivalent.
Places are limited to 25 per cohort. We strive to ensure that groups have a good mix of sector and role representation.
Programme dates & fees
For 2018/19 the programme has an introductory cost of £4,000 plus VAT for the 8 day programme.
The next course will take place in Autumn 2018: apply now
Email email@example.com to express your interest
We're committed to your privacy. Find out how we look after your data.