The CBI’s full-day workshops are specifically tailored to provide delegates with a highly valuable set of practical tools to share with colleagues and ensure your business is ready for GDPR.
Join other business to discuss how they are approaching their implementation journeys and share best practice in breakout sessions throughout the day.
I liked the interactive elements in the sessions and it was really useful to gain other people's perspectives and insight into the exercises and the sessions.
Previous workshop attendee
Key issues for discussion
- Consent – how new standards will affect the collection and processing of personal data
- Privacy impact assessments – understand the purpose, practical application and how to conduct a privacy impact assessment in your organisation
- Data subjects rights – assess how new rights to portability and the right to be forgotten affect operations within your business
- Data Protection Officer – examine the remit, purpose and how to avoid conflicts of interest of the role
- Scope of GDPR – understand how the increased territorial scope of the GDPR impacts on your operations
Practical sessions include
- How to map personal data flows within your organisation
- Assess how to document processing activities to demonstrate compliance
- Examine how contracts will change with vendors and how to prepare
- Improve data governance by establishing an accountability principle (IAPP session)
- Step by step walkthrough of the data breach notification process
Who should attend?
This full day workshop is aimed at representatives who have responsibility for managing data protection in their organisation. The course is designed for you to have actions to share with relevant departments from IT, to HR and your board.
Comprehensive overview of the requirements of GDPR
Practical understanding of how your organisations systems, processes and principles can be improved to comply with GDPR
A delegate pack that contains actions for other key stakeholders in your organisation
Location & logistics
- London – 10 April 2018, 09:30-16:00 (Irwin Mitchell offices, 40 Holborn Viaduct, EC1N 2PZ)
CBI Member rate of £495 for one place or £795 for two places (plus VAT). 15% early bird discount if booked before 17 March 2018. Course materials and refreshments, including a networking lunch, are included.
In-house sessions are also available on request for groups.