The next Government should prioritise stability and a long-term vision for the economy.
The UK stands at a crossroads. Brexit creates significant challenges for the UK’s economy, but it also brings opportunities. It offers a chance to address the UK’s deep-seated problems of low productivity and fire-up its potential as one of the most inclusive, innovative and open economies in the world.
In Backing Britain’s prosperity, the CBI asks the next government to reaffirm its pride in UK business, and their commitment to working in partnership with firms to manage the risks and take advantage of the opportunities ahead. With a pro-enterprise government, the CBI believes the UK can become the most competitive and prosperous economy in the world.
The CBI is calling on the next government to:
- Ensure the UK remains a great place to do business;
- Prioritise trade, jobs and prosperity in a comprehensive new economic partnership with the EU and strengthened global relationships;
- Build the foundations of the UK economy through long-term commitment to a modern industrial strategy;
- Back responsible business through proportionate, evidence based reform;
- Refresh the partnership between government and business at an international, national and local level.