This new law takes effect in May 2018 and impacts businesses across all sectors. With fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover at stake, now is the time to make sure your organisation has the right plans to be compliant.
Key issues for discussion
- Consent – how new standards will affect the collection and processing of personal data
- Privacy impact assessments – understand the purpose, practical application and how to conduct a privacy impact assessment in your organisation
- Data subjects rights – assess how new rights to portability and the right to be forgotten affect operations within your business
- Data Protection Officer – examine the remit, purpose and how to avoid conflicts of interest of the role
- Scope of GDPR – understand how the increased territorial scope of the GDPR impacts on your operations
Practical sessions include:
- Mapping data within your organisation
- Examining privacy impact assessments and how to document processing activities to demonstrate compliance
- Assessing and preparing for how contracts will change with vendors
- Developing an accountability framework to manage risk and resources
- Step by step walkthrough of the data breach notification process
What will you get from the workshop?
- Comprehensive overview of the requirements of GDPR
- Practical action plan for your business to excel under the requirements of the GDPR that has received expert legal and technical advice
- Development of a strategic handbook that contains actions for key stakeholders to ensure your entire business is ready for May 2018
Who should attend?
This full day workshop is aimed at representatives who have responsibility for managing data protection in their organisation. Please forward on as appropriate to relevant colleagues.
- Glasgow – 26 September 09:30-16:00 (5th Floor, 150 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5NE)
- London – 29 September 09:30-16:00 (40 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1N 2PZ)
- Birmingham – 13 October 09:30-16:00 (Imperial House, 31 Temple Street, Birmingham, B2 5DB)