Watch the webinar in full
Our monthly broadcast will help support you through the next phase, giving you expert insight and intelligence to continue adapting, and providing the guidance you need to restart and boost your business, and build resilience for the new normal.
- Maxine Bligh, Commercial Director- Proposition and Transformation, CBI
- Chris Wilford, Director of Financial Services Policy, CBI
- Alex Beardsley, Managing Director, ABL Business
In this session:
- The government provided support during covid-19 including £80b for business through government guaranteed loans, but firms are still recovering from this period.
- Firms are facing a cumulative burden of pandemic recovery, cost pressures, energy prices, cost of living crisis, labour shortages, supply chain constraints and the impact of Ukraine on the global economy.
- Confidence is taking the biggest hit at present and firms are passing on investment opportunities
- Important for firms to carve out time to think ahead and understand where the pressures lie.
- The CBI is having encouraging schemes with the government on the provision of long-term support for business through the extension of the growth guarantee scheme.
- Firms must understand their cashflow and access finance before they enter a crisis, by taking responsibility if their cash cycle for the next 6 months, and working out what works for your business.
- Some of the current headwinds are out of the governments control and firms need to take control and mitigate these risks by dedicating time to planning your cashflow.