Watch the webinar in full
Our monthly broadcast will help support you through the next phase, giving you expert insight and intelligence to continue adapting, and providing the guidance you need to restart and boost your business, and build resilience for the new normal.
- Deborah Fraser, Director - Regions, CBI (Chair)
- Chris Wilford, Head of FS Policy, CBI
- Jennifer Tankard, Principal, Commercial Finance, UK Finance
In this session we explored the current cash flow and potential triggers for wider problems. We covered debt repayment, tax deferrals, rent arrears, end of government support schemes.
- Challenges ahead: increased pricing, wage increases, labour shortages.Important to seek professional advice.
- Businesses need to be aware of rent arrears and £40b VAT deferrals.
- Hardest hit sectors and facing potential insolvency wave in late autumn.
- Insolvency levels are much lower than normal times.
- Cautious approaches to money management are happening across the board: important for businesses to plan for the rest of the year.
- Covid has accelerated innovation for some businesses.
- Changes in consumer behaviour across the year will impact businesses.