Watch the webinar
Matthew Percival, Director, People and Skills at the CBI explained how the new coronavirus Job Retention Scheme works, while Jim Wilson, Partner specialising in Tax Controversy & Risk Management at EY, offered tax advice and top tips for dealing with tax issues.
Here’s a quick recap of what we discussed:
- Who qualifies for the Job Retention Scheme
- The process for registering staff for the scheme
- How the scheme relates to the minimum wage and partial furloughs
- Tax implications – VAT, deferrals, capital allowances
- Business rates relief and the use of existing reliefs