This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, high profile organisation who are looking to recruit for an Application engineer reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager in the effective development, implementation and support of new and existing systems.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team in the support and development of standalone and web-based applications using Microsoft online technology. The initial focus is the ongoing development and support of an on-premise intranet. Other projects will include a Helpdesk application and business mobile applications using powerapps.
The role requires a mix of hands on systems knowledge and user support. The incumbent shall have a good understanding of the role of IT within the business.
Area of responsibility
- Delivering tasks on time to high quality standards as agreed with the IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Working within the Infrastructure team help design and deliver new applications working with 3rd parties where appropriate.
- Working with the IT Helpdesk ensure that new applications and enhancements are formally accepted and handed over for operation.
- Provide support and technical expertise for new and current applications.
- Provide support and technical expertise for Microsoft Office SharePoint and SharePoint online.
- Work with the IT Team to ensure CBI best practices.
- Share technical knowledge with IT team members and power users.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016 / online administration.
- Previous experience managing O365 applications and SharePoint migration and adoption projects.
- Ability to understand business objectives and translate into SharePoint functionality / requirements.
- Ability to configure simple applications using out-of-the-box SharePoint functionality.
- A strong understanding of the SharePoint development stack.
- Experience of building O365 applications using PowerApps, Flow and SharePoint.
- Well versed in ECM (Enterprise content management) concepts and controls.
- Experience of software development methodologies and design techniques e.g. UML, Agile.
- Expert in SharePoint configuration, Office 35 Groups, MS Teams, Flow and OneDrive.
- SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write well and convey technical concepts and information to both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent understanding of customer service.
- To perform Sprint testing and support UAT.
- To develop applications all the way through implementation and handover to users.
- Understanding of ITIL framework and best practices.
- Microsoft CRM 2011 / 2013 /2016 / Dynamics 365.
- C#, Visual Basic, XML, XSLT, IIS6, Java, SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerShell, CSS, InfoPath 2013.
- Experience creating consumer grade high profile web sites.
- Experience creating technology solutions using best of breed products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013 or Office 365 mail services.
- Effective co-ordination skills – able to prioritise and execute competing activities.
- Experience in cloud solutions (including Office 365).
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Windows desktop clients up to and including Windows 10.
- Experience working with VMware ESX 6 and above.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment.
Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Applications Engineer' as the subject.