The Business Analyst will be responsible for the key performance metrics to measure the CBI’s progress against our strategic objectives and identify issues/potential solutions. Based within the Finance function, the BA and will work closely with the senior leadership team to report on established metrics, develop new metrics and champion the intelligent use of performance monitoring across the business.
This is an opportunity to work on data analysis deliverables across the entire CBI business operations, with a particular focus on the customer (member) lifecycle. The CBI is a supportive environment and we would value candidates with an analytical background, inquisitive mind and track record of delivery to join us during an exciting period of growth.
Design, implement and deliver an effective set of performance indicators, presenting to the CBI leadership team and facilitating decision-making at the highest level. At the same time, performance information will be required at sufficient granularity to enable teams across the CBI to take action as required, and there will be a particular need for ad hoc commercial and market information.
Coordinate across different stakeholders in the business (including policy and commercial teams, media, finance, HR and systems) for consistent use of reporting and data input. Your knowledge of the CRM system and partnering opportunities in the market will support this.
Work closely with strategy and change managers to drive project-based reporting and to test the future development requirements. This will also include arranging updates for the Executive Committee on strategy progress and expectations.
Depending upon the areas of interest and skill set of the individual, work closely with the Director of Corporate Services on projects across the Corporate Services area/CBI more generally.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- You’ve gained experience working in an analytical role, so you’ll be confident translating business questions into analytical queries. And you’ll have all the relevant technical skills – particularly in Excel modelling and other analytics tools.
- We have a customised Microsoft CRM system called MemBrain so we will train you up in the system, but you will be proficient in the use of a range of CRM systems and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of designing, building and implementing performance monitoring from both a technical and business perspective are preferred, with strong project management ability.
- You will have shown your ability to work effectively alongside multiple stakeholders of all levels, communicating effectively, particularly within a changing and growing environment.
- You may have worked for a business with a subscription based operating model before, but you will certainly have a keen interest and awareness of how the CBI operates and its opportunities for growth.
Additional role specific skills
The practical actions required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- We are looking for analysts who are truly multi skilled in analytics and data integration, coupled with creativity, good communications skills and business acumen.
- Your technical skills (both analytical and system-based) will most likely come from studying towards a CIMA, ACCA or other CA qualification, together with applied experience in an analytical role.
- Strong commercial awareness and presentation skills are critical, together with your ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels, clearly expressing your ideas in written and verbal communication.
- You will have proven yourself to have strong organisational and project management skills, demonstrating how you have worked on multiple pieces of work to deliver results.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership
- Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Awareness of the wider business environment, working with Commercial teams to increase the diversity of events and membership.
- Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”.
- Gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Business Analyst' as the subject.