This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious membership growth plans through;
- The successful management and allocation of high-quality design output in line with the overall Customer Marketing Communications plan.
- Evolution of the CBI’s brand through interesting and innovative design concepts and applications.
- The successful leadership and management of two members of the team – the Graphic Designer and AV Producer.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Head of Marketing Operations.
Delivering high quality design outputs
- Manage, schedule and allocate all design work on Streamtime, ensuring alignment with overall Customer Marketing Communications Plan, ensuring briefing process has been adhered to in all instances
- Manage, develop and lead Graphic Designer and AV Producer colleagues.
- Be the internal lead on concept creation to ensure they are relevant, on brand and work for all formats.
- Take briefings from the Marketing Comms Manager and produce stakeholder facing comms to support policy influence activity.
- Manage day to day relationship with any external agency to ensure productive and positive working relationships leads to the successful delivery of any projects.
Management Information and project support
- Manage print and production process to ensure cost efficiencies and best practice.
- Document all relevant process flows – this will involve reviewing existing, and creating new, processes to ensure a seamless acquisition and member communications process is in place, followed and understood by the team and other colleagues across the CBI.
- Contribute to the CBI’s ‘Brand’ development by sharing member feedback, highlighting industry best practice and bringing relevant insight into the team.
- Retention and growth of CBI membership
- Positive member feedback on CBI member communications and channels of delivery.
- Positive feedback from colleagues across the CBI on member communication and support collateral.
- Building a strong CBI network and profile.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in creating on-screen and digital image concepts and realising to fulfilment.
- Experience working to brand, style and project guidelines, with knowledge of picture licensing and copyright law to minimise brand damage and reputational risk.
- Be able to analyse performance and process and implement change to process when required to ensure constant evolvement to design outputs and processes.
- Experience managing and maintaining excellent relationships with a varied internal and external stakeholder base to ensure project delivery, on time and on budget.
- 3+ years’ experience managing suppliers and the print production and buying process.
- Have a passion for photography and design, and its ability to influence and inspire the customer.
- Expert user of full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Interest in emerging creative formats to bring innovation.
Role specific skills
- Excellent communication and presenting skills to articulate your ideas to relevant stakeholders with confidence and a persuasive argument for design choices, ensuring it is optimal for both the project and the CBI brand.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation.
- Commercial focus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results
- Great organisational and team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Design Manager' as the subject.