Closing date: 20th September
The CBI is Britain's voice of business. We have recently launched our ‘Seize the Moment’ strategy which sets out an ambitious programme of work through which we will shape the future economy, inspire and enable members to thrive, speak for all business, deliver successful ventures and develop a more dynamic CBI.
The strategy identifies six business-led opportunities – prizes – that the UK could capture by 2030, which are worth around £700 billion for the UK:
- A decarbonised economy, winning the global race to net-zero
- An innovation economy, breakthrough ideas and technologies, adopted by all
- A globalised economy, making the UK a trading powerhouse
- A regionally thriving economy, ensuring every region and nation has distinctive, global strengths
- An inclusive economy, where work enables all talent to progress
- A healthier nation, with health the foundation of wellbeing and economic growth.
It is an exciting time to join the CBI. Do you want to be part of a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reset the UK economy?
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
The CBI is the UK’s leading business membership organisation. We provide our members with the influence, insight and access they need to plan ahead with confidence and grow and represent their views as we work with policymakers to deliver a healthy environment for businesses to succeed, create jobs and ultimately, drive economic growth and prosperity.
The Events team sits as part of the commercial division of the CBI. The team runs the CBI’s programme of member and non-member events, across the UK, totalling over 500 events per year. The events programme is core to delivering the CBI membership proposition and is attended by high-profile speakers and delegates, attracting significant media attention, and enhancing the CBI’s reputation
The Event Manager – Business Networking role will be responsible for planning and executing a series of high-profile lunches, dinners, and networking receptions, as well as keeping up to date with external factors that might impact the viability of networking events, e.g., reintroduction of government restrictions. This role provides an opportunity to deal with the highest level of UK government and to take ownership of the project management of flagship events for the CBI.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing the calendar of National networking events such as CBI Annual Dinner
- Researching and securing first-class venues
- Negotiating quotes and agreements with suppliers that provide best value for CBI
- End to end project management, maintaining timelines and critical paths
- Managing individual event budgets
- Work closely with Commercial Partnerships team to manage event sponsors
- Deliver event sponsor benefits
- Manage all event logistics
- Maintain accurate administrative data
- Updating senior stakeholders
- Work closely with Marketing to manage event brand and communications
- Provide post event report for use with internal stakeholders and event sponsors
- Demonstrate best practice across all events and support regional colleagues to do the same