Closing date – 8 October
Process – Cover letter and C.V. required
The CBI is the UK’s leading business membership organisation. We provide our members with the influence, insight and access they need to plan ahead with confidence. We represent their views as we work with policymakers to deliver a healthy environment for businesses to succeed, create jobs and ultimately, drive economic growth and prosperity.
The role will be based at our Cannon Place office, but with hybrid working in mind, and will report into the Head of Events. Key responsibilities for this role will support the delivery of an ambitious programme of national event, and ensure commercial objectives are met.
This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your organisational, people and communication skills in a fast paced and varied role. You will need to be comfortable thinking on your feet and adapting to a changing, politically driven work environment. Most importantly, you will enjoy managing your own workload with minimal supervision and be able to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Prioritise, organise, and maintain diaries and appointments with flexible approach to deal with the unexpected (e.g., diary conflict) for Head of Events and Head of Commercial Partnerships
- Act as interface with Director-General and President offices, ensuring all required event activity is diarised
- Act as interface with ExCo Executive Assistants to ensure all ExCo speakers have required event activity in calendars
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, ensuring effective time management of appointments and regularly communicate with colleagues with regards to meetings arranged on their behalf
- Booking and arranging of travel and forward planning of logistics for all relevant meetings as required
- Work with Seize the moment event leads to create and maintain an annual timetable of regional events across the different campaign strands.
Supporting best in class partnership management
- Work closely with individual members of the Commercial Partnerships team to acquire and support sponsors for events, reports, and surveys
- Develop a strong understanding of benefits and rights for sponsors of CBI events, reports, and surveys, assisting the Commercial Partnerships team as the ‘go-to’ liaison point between sponsors and the CBI.
- Ensuring that the work of the team is uploaded and tracked to CBI internal communications systems (e.g., CRM)
- Liaise with CBI finance team to assist with account management planning and invoicing.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Understanding of current policy issues and the policy initiatives of the CBI
- Managing administration and maintaining CRM systems
- Strong project management experience
- Commercially minded, with a focus on delivering positive returns
- Ambitious, able to take initiative and be a team player, with a positive and friendly approach
- Comfortable working in a virtual / online environment, including meeting / event facilitation and providing support for virtual meeting platforms (Webex, Microsoft Teams).
- Interested in current affairs, including business and politics
- Experience of working with sponsors
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Good working knowledge of membership organisations.