This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with delivering the events marketing strategy, a core component of the CBI’s membership offer. This will involve;
- Leading events marketing efforts across a number of key commercial events, you’ll develop, own and deliver the appropriate marketing plans.
- Shape the broader events marketing strategy (eg systems, channels, partnerships, best practice), working with a variety of colleagues to develop the very best experience for our customers.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Marketing Communications Manager and working closely with the events team. This position is a maternity cover role with a fixed length of 12 months.
- Lead marketing planning and delivery for headline corporate/commercial events including CBI Annual Conference and CBI Annual Dinner.
- Drive the adoption of new marketing methods and technologies, generating the best possible marketing return and customer experience.
- Track the success of our events marketing efforts, reporting on key statistics including commercial returns and customer feedback, driving data-driven enhancements.
- Provide guidance to fellow marketing and non-marketing colleagues for their commercial and non-commercial events, embedding good practice and processes across CBI.
- Manage events marketing plans and budgets for your projects, working with colleagues to produce clear event briefs, goals and responsibilities from the outset.
- Work with stakeholders (eg design, policy, events teams) to generate compelling events marketing concepts, messaging and outputs.
- Proactive member of broader events project team, providing ideas and feedback beyond marketing elements of project.
- Coordinate the production of events marketing collateral.
- Write compelling copy for all promotional materials.
- Build and manage highly targeted events marketing lists.
- Work with project teams to design best-in-class delegate journeys, from making bookings to at-event experience.
- Leverage systems and drive their development to deliver against goals eg CRM, events booking system, marketing automation.
- Provide project teams with regular status updates eg booking numbers, trends and next steps.
- Produce post-event reports capturing key marketing statistics and lessons.
- Ensure partner agreements, eg branding requirements, are accurately managed across all event bookings.
- Support broader team marketing objectives, development and relevant initiatives.
- Work with regional colleagues to drive best practice event marketing across our regional offices.
Knowledge & Experience:
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- You’ll have strong experience (3+ years) of managing the marketing for a variety of B2B events, in particular larger conferences.
- A strong understanding of marketing fundamentals, while up to speed with the latest marketing trends and ideas.
- Experience of CRM, email, web and social.
- Commercially-minded, with budget management skills and a focus on delivering positive returns.
- Interested in current affairs, including business and politics.
- Experience managing complex stakeholders, such as senior execs and sponsors.
- Experience using digital channels to drive event bookings.
- Specific experience dealing with C-suite audiences.
- CIM / IDM qualification.
The practical actions required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Superb project management skills - with experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Email marketing experience - must be comfortable with email marketing systems and the data management side of email marketing.
- Great copywriting skills.
- First rate communication skills; clear and concise with a focus on customers and outcomes.
- Advanced MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Marketing automation - using tools such as Eloqua to automate the event marketing & booking process.
The CBI has six key behaviours that are expected across the business. For this role, we would expect the individual to role model these behaviours to the team and encourage and review the team using the behaviours as a lens. In practice for this role:
- Collaborative – proactively engages with and researches the views of other teams before making key decisions on the programme.
- Takes ownership – takes responsibility for successful set-up and delivery of new products, meeting customer expectations and financial targets.
- Agile – is quick to respond to market opportunities. Ensures that internal processes do not get in the way of you or the team delivering against plans or for the customer.
- Commercial – actively seeks to ensure the team is doing all they can to contribute to the commercial strategy including taking a lead on new opportunities.
- Innovative – brings in leading edge industry thinking to advance the team’s contribution to the CBI. Not afraid to do things differently where there are opportunities to deliver better for internal and external customers.
- Analytical – uses KPIs and other evidence to drive decision making.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply:
Please submit your applications to email@example.com with 'Events Marketing Manager' as the subject.
Find more information about this vacancy here.