Closing date: 23 July 2021
The new Head of Economic Surveys and Data role will be responsible for driving our survey programme, working with a wide range of colleagues within the Economics and wider CBI teams. This role will ensure we have a best practice approach to managing surveys and sample integrity, maximising participation, and identifying opportunities to do more with our survey data. The successful candidate will develop new data analytics and opportunities, both for the benefit of the CBI alone and with, or for, our partners.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Develop and deliver an effective and relevant programme of surveys, to support our economic vision and commercial opportunities
- Ensure all CBI survey questionnaires are robustly designed to deliver effective output
- Ensure the effective exploitation of CBI survey data
- Manage the survey platform and drive a continuous improvement in the CBI’s delivery of surveys and management of survey data
- Participate in the CBI’s new cross-organisational data strategy team, collaborating with other colleagues who have specific data ownership and responsibilities
- and demonstrate leadership in the wider team
- Lead a high-performing and engaged team, contributing to management capability across the CBI, inspiring and engaging colleagues within the team, and across the organisation in the work that you lead
- Support and contribute to an inclusive culture within the CBI
- Be appropriately responsive to the changing priorities of the organisation
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of running surveys
- Knowledge of survey best practice across a range of areas, or within a specialist area such as economics
- Experience of using survey data to drive perspectives, insights and output
- Experience of working with qualitative and quantitative data sets, collected from different sources, and using analytical techniques to derive salient insights from that data
- Strong data capture, management and use knowledge and experience of use
- Experience of working in a matrix model with influence and delivery through both line and programme management
- Experience of managing data clients and partners
- Experience of economic analysis, economic policy and big data analytics desirable
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.