Closing date: 23 July 2021
This new Head of Insight role will work across the CBI to embed a future-fit approach to the collection and management of insights and data. Most importantly, they will be responsible for ensuring that insights are effectively used by the organisation to drive decisions, priorities, programmes of work, policies and how we engage with a wide range of stakeholders and our members.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Build the current member insights process into more scalable, weighted and valuable tool for the organisation
- Develop a cross-organisational insight management approach and methodology
- Harness the power of existing insight for use by the CBI
- Identify and gather new sources of data and insight that could enhance the work of the CBI
- Equip CBI colleagues to put data and insight at the heart of their work
- Participate in CBI’s new cross-organisational data strategy team, collaborating with other colleagues who have specific data ownership and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities where insights and data could enable the CBI to have wider impact
- Work collaboratively with other members of the leadership team to make a full and active contribution to all aspects of CBI’s work, maintaining a degree of flexibility, enabling the organisation to make the most of new and unexpected opportunities
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of collecting and using data and insight to transform impact and performance
- Experience of working in an organisation driven by both a proactive and reactive agenda
- Experience of leading cross-organisational teams to collaborate towards a specific outcome
- Experience of working with qualitative and quantitative data sets, collected from different sources
- Knowledge of data and insight management best practice and innovations
- Strong data capture, management and use knowledge, including through delivery of practical applications
- Knowledge of trends in data and insight, and how technology solutions can be deployed within an SME
- Experience working in a matrix model with influence and delivery through both line and programme management
- Experience of managing vendors and partners
- Some familiarity with, and comfortable working with, a Microsoft data and platform environment.
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.