Closing date: 23 July 2021
The CBI is Britain's voice of business. We have recently launched our ‘Seize the Moment’ strategy which sets out an ambitious programme of work through which we will shape the future economy, inspire and enable members to thrive, speak for all business, deliver successful ventures and develop a more dynamic CBI.
The strategy identifies six business-led opportunities – prizes – that the UK could capture by 2030, which are worth around £700 billion for the UK:
- A decarbonised economy, winning the global race to net-zero
- An innovation economy, breakthrough ideas and technologies, adopted by all
- A globalised economy, making the UK a trading powerhouse
- A regionally thriving economy, ensuring every region and nation has distinctive, global strengths
- An inclusive economy, where work enables all talent to progress
- A healthier nation, with health the foundation of wellbeing and economic growth.
It is an exciting time to join the CBI. Do you want to be part of a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reset the UK economy?
The CBI is a longstanding supporter of efforts to tackle regional inequalities. We believe that a focus on place should play to an area’s natural strengths and competitive advantage, rather than a cookie-cutter approach, and that a focus on economic clusters would help achieve that. The CBI wants to play a major contribution to levelling-up by running live-learning, demonstrator programmes to prove how economic clusters can be transitioned from good to great. The new Head of Policy, Clusters role is a key member of the Regional Programme leadership team. They will champion the development of a CBI-led approach to economic clusters through a combination of policy and demonstrator programmes which will be launched in two UK locations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Develop CBI’s policy approach to economic cluster development
- Support the development of the broader clusters programme, and then enable its success
- Represent CBI at a senior level through key government and stakeholder relationships as well as on public platforms
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to make a full and active contribution to all aspects of CBI’s work, maintaining a degree of flexibility, enabling the organisation to make the most of new and unexpected opportunities
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Strong regional development expertise within the UK
- Professional understanding of how to influence UK policy development
- Good grasp of challenges and opportunities facing businesses operating in the UK
- Experience of senior policy development or influence
- Knowledge of the regional, national and international economic and political climate, with a particular focus on regional engagement and landscape
- Experience working in a matrix model with influence and delivery through both line and programme management
- Demonstrated intellectual interest and curiosity
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.