Closing date: 23 July 2021
The CBI is Britain's voice of business. We have recently launched our ‘Seize the Moment’ strategy which sets out an ambitious programme of work through which we will shape the future economy, inspire and enable members to thrive, speak for all business, deliver successful ventures and develop a more dynamic CBI.
The strategy identifies six business-led opportunities – prizes – that the UK could capture by 2030, which are worth around £700 billion for the UK:
- A decarbonised economy, winning the global race to net-zero
- An innovation economy, breakthrough ideas and technologies, adopted by all
- A globalised economy, making the UK a trading powerhouse
- A regionally thriving economy, ensuring every region and nation has distinctive, global strengths
- An inclusive economy, where work enables all talent to progress
- A healthier nation, with health the foundation of wellbeing and economic growth.
It is an exciting time to join the CBI. Do you want to be part of a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reset the UK economy?
In this new role of Head of Sales, we are looking for a passionate and purpose-led commercial and sales leader. The Head of Sales will drive our core member recruitment campaigns, leading a team of Sales professionals and Business Development executives. They will be an important driver in achieving our membership recruitment figures, leading the recruitment of FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies, small growing businesses and other key target groups. This role will require strong collaboration with Programme Directors, Regional and National Directors and the SME team as we grow the breadth and depth of our business representation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Develop and deliver sales campaigns that drive targeted member recruitment, using key trigger points in the CBI calendar and external events to drive recruitment
- Equip the wider CBI team with the information, tools, collateral and opportunities needed to drive successful member recruitment
- Provide the first response to new member enquiries ensuring a smooth experience for all inbound sales calls, emails and enquiries onwards
- Use sales insight to help CBI improve the membership proposition and experience
- Leadership of the sales team, supporting their development and problem solving and improving the service delivered
- Work collaboratively with other members of the leadership team to make a full and active contribution to all aspects of CBI’s work, maintaining a degree of flexibility, enabling the organisation to make the most of new and unexpected opportunities
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Strong track record of sales activity within a B2B context
- Experience of managing a team of individuals delivering sales targets
- Experience of managing a dynamic sales pipeline
- Knowledge of how to develop pitch, proposals and also brief and coach others to sell
- Astute commercial leader, keen negotiator
- Experience acting as guardian of brand and reputation
- Understanding of current challenges and opportunities facing UK business
- Proven ability to drive innovative and forward thinking, challenging a mindset of ‘what we have always done’
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.