Closing date: 23 July 2021
The CBI are currently building out our Leadership Programmes – an income-generating service that delivers our executive education offering to our members. The Leadership Programmes Executive role will provide support across the breadth of the offering, with the opportunity to build programme content, manage programme communications and logistics, support the sales process, and take ownership for project management. This is a challenging and exciting role which gives the role holder the opportunity to work across the CBI with commercial and policy colleagues, whilst engaging with a diverse set of senior external stakeholders and members, as well as regularly deputising for the Head of Leadership Programmes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Programme content and support – scoping themes, contributing to programme content and materials, management of the booking process, attendance of programmes where required and development of relationships with attendees to gather feedback and insights
- Programme communications and logistics – ownership of the end-to-end event management and logistics for the programmes and their modules, including communications with participants and external speakers as well as venue booking, catering, transport, hotel booking and the smooth running of sessions
- Programme marketing and sales – developing sales and marketing support materials for colleagues to promote the programmes, engaging with sales leads, capturing details in the CRM, raising the profile of the programmes both internally and externally including ownership of the programme’s social media presence and liaison with CBI Social Media team for wider promotion of the programmes
- Project and budget management – creation and management of project plans for delivery of programmes, tracking and management of the budgets for each programme and pro-active identification and mitigation or risks
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Communicating with and managing complex stakeholders, such as senior execs and sponsors
- Sourcing and consolidating information from multiple sources and turning into briefing documents and presentations for a senior audience
- Events administration, communications and logistics
- Understanding of current policy issues and the policy initiatives of the CBI
- Managing sales for a variety of events and using the CRM systems
- Commercially-minded, with budget management skills and a focus on delivering positive returns
- Comfortable working in a virtual / online environment using virtual platforms
- Interested in current affairs, including business and politics
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience of working on leadership programmes or education initiatives
- Good working knowledge of membership organisations
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.