Reporting to the HR Director, the L&D Adviser is responsible for leading the L&D function; designing and delivering development programmes which build people capability and support the CBI to meet its strategic objectives.
Supported by a Talent coordinator, this is a hands-on and dynamic role and you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a professional, proactive, efficient and high-quality customer-focussed L&D service to the organisation.
You will be joining an HR function that is keen to make a business impact and add value to the organisation. You will be joining following a period of change and your role will be key to building relationships across the business and putting in place development programmes to engage and develop our staff and deliver our business strategy. This role entails working closely with the wider HR team and CBI management to provide leading edge learning and development solutions, which address organisational needs and drive the highest levels of employee engagement and performance excellence.
- Partner with the HR Director with developing and delivering a learning and development strategy which enhances the knowledge, skills and behaviours of staff to drive improved employee performance, enable progression and meet organisational goals
- Working closely with the HR Director, ensure leadership development, career pathways, experiences and routes to entry are effective and in line with, and enable, the CBI behaviours
- Leadership of the L&OD projects under the progression pillar of the Great Teams strategy
- Responsible for the design and delivery of Leadership and management development strategy.
- Managing the Talent coordinator toManaging the Talent coordinator to deliver a professional, proactive, efficient and high-quality customer-focussed L & D service to the organisation
- Working with the Recruitment Partner to develop and lead the Talent Coordinator, creating an inclusive team culture.
Managing L&D coordination
- Managing the Talent coordinator to schedule and administer all existing and new L&OD programmes
- Overseeing and supporting monitoring of the L&D inbox to ensure all queries are managed
- Preparation of training collateral when required
- Organise, produce, and maintain training materials and ensure they are updated.
Identifying development needs
- Effectively carrying out the team development planning process in order to identify and evaluate training needs at an individual, team and organisational level.
- Work with the business to grow the learning and development offering and bridge skill gaps.
- Monitor development need requests logged within our HR system and identify methods to meet those needs.
- Act as a point of expertise, offering credible L&D advice to internal stakeholders and HR colleagues
- In collaboration with HR advisers support, develop and coach the management team to take ownership for creating and embedding a talent development culture that enables improved performance
- Proactively working with employees and Managers across the business to provide an internal consultancy service supporting with addressing development needs.
Project management and reporting of L&D budgets and training delivery
- Produce and maintain metrics related to attendance of programmes and spend against budget
- End to end project management of learning and OD projects
- Work with the HR Director to carry out the budgeting process and manage the monitoring and controlling of departmental spend to ensure alignment with the assigned budget
- Research, compile and analyse progression and development information for inclusion in reports, presentations and other communications.
Course and programme design and delivery
- Design innovative L&OD programmes to meet development needs across the business - including the expansion of our digital learning offer
- Source and identify external provider content based on business needs (supported by the Talent coordinator)
- Delivery of internal training sessions where required, for example induction, performance management, soft skills development
- Creation and management of a suite of products targeted at talent and leadership development.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Significant experience of working in a learning and development or similar environment and delivering a proactive service preferably in a not-for-profit culture
- Solid experience of designing and delivering learning and development programs, which include a variety of training solutions to address talent management, management development, leadership development and soft skills training
- Understanding and experience of learning needs analysis and implementing initiatives to address needs
- Experience of budget management
- Confident at delivering messages in a presentation style or leading group session
- An interest or experience in digital learning
- Desirable - Good standard of education up to a Degree level or Professional qualification in learning and development.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover Letter to email@example.com with 'L&D Partner' as the subject.