This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious membership growth plans through:
- The successful development and implementation of a high-quality member and acquisition communications plan.
- Development of the CBI’s brand awareness through interesting and innovative marketing of CBI products and services; member and acquisition research, and other market data and analytics.
- The successful leadership and management of two members of the team – the Acquisition and Retention Marketing Executives.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Head of Marketing Operations.
Acquisition and Retention Communications
- Manage and develop an on-going Customer Marketing Communications Plan that helps to a) drive up acquisition (membership and other commercial opportunities); and b) deliver greater awareness to members about their experience of, and how to extract maximum value from, their membership.
- Manage, develop and lead the Acquisition and Retention Marketing Executives.
- Be the internal lead on Customer Marketing Campaigns to ensure they are timely, relevant and provide a good ROI.
- Support the Head of Marketing Operations on implementation of SEO and PPC strategies.
- Take briefings from the product team and develop marketing strategies to meet ROI for each product.
- Work effectively with colleagues in our Corporate Communications team to deliver the marketing elements of our social media strategy.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in our Product teams and Events team to support the onboarding of new members and event-related campaigns.
- Review CBI Campaigns (Policy) activity and ensure no conflict with marketing/member comms activity.
- Take briefings from the policy team and develop stakeholder facing comms to support their influence activity.
- Dovetail with our Sales and Business Development teams to ensure seamless process flow and clear ownership for all aspects of new member acquisition.
- Direct the marketing operations team on the requirements for marketing communications and project manage the delivery of the communications plan.
- Manage day to day relationship with any external agency or third-party suppliers to ensure a constructive working relationship leads to the successful delivery of any projects.
Management Information and project support
- Help develop the organisation’s understanding of its customers and potential customers through member and non-member research. This will also involve working with colleagues in commercial operations and the product team to analyse and draw key findings that ultimately lead to improvements in the member offer and sales performance.
- Document all relevant process flows – this will involve reviewing existing, and creating new, processes to ensure a seamless acquisition and member communications process is in place, followed and understood by the team and other colleagues across the CBI.
- Contribute to the CBI’s ‘Brand’ development by sharing member feedback, highlighting industry best practice and bringing relevant insight into the team.
- Retention and growth of CBI membership.
- Positive member feedback on CBI member communications and channels of delivery.
- Positive feedback from colleagues across the CBI on member communication and support collateral.
- Building a strong CBI network and profile.
- Positive Net promoter score
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Recognised marketing and/or communications qualification with 5+ years’ experience of leading the delivery of a multichannel comms plan.
- General knowledge/interest in business affairs, national and regional policy
- Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering multi-channel campaigns that have proven to drive up customer usage and product adoption.
- 5+ years’ experience of comms delivery within a B2B environment.
- Experience of developing strong and impactful content marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer segmentation and how best to leverage this to deliver impactful campaigns.
- Experience of using marketing delivery systems, Eloqua / CRM / CMS to produce, personalise and deliver engaging, relevant customer communications.
- Experience of managing and manipulating complex marketing data, such as marketing lists and communications metrics to report on campaign performance and demonstrate ROI and manage customer contacts to optimise the customer experience and engagement.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite – especially Excel and PowerPoint
The practical actions required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Copywriting skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation
- Commercial focus
- Great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results
- Great organisational and team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines
- Ability to think laterally and solve problems
- Ability to build strong relationships – both internally and with key stakeholders
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem-solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
Equal Opportunity Employer
Be You! Where everyone feels they can belong
We are the voice to over 190,000 businesses, large and small across the UK. Together, they employ nearly 7 million people!
Our aim is to create prosperity for all! To do that well, we need a workforce that is more representative of the businesses we serve!
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more innovative work environment that delivers better results. To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we’ve encouraged the creation of a variety of Employee Resource Groups - Women, LGBT+, BAME and Working Families.
We recognise the many benefits flexible working can bring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking and will accommodate where possible.
How to apply
Please submit your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Marketing Communications Manager' as the subject.