Deadline for applications – Friday 21 May 2021.
Process – Cover letter and a C.V. required.
Salary - £30k - £32k.
With over 50 years of experience, this is the UK's most effective and influential business organisation. It provides its members with the influence, insight and access they need to plan with confidence and grow.
“It is our purpose to help businesses, create a more prosperous society."
Speaking for some 190,000 businesses that between them employ about one-third of the private sector workforce, the members include FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 groups, mid-cap companies, small and medium sized enterprises, micro businesses, private and family-owned businesses, start-ups, and trade associations.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious CBI growth plans by:
- Successfully delivering multichannel marketing communication plans that demonstrate the impact and value of CBI membership, contributing to the retention and acquisition of CBI members.
- Producing engaging email communications that demonstrate the value of CBI products and services; and supporting business development and account management teams with the production of relevant marketing collateral (e.g. member case studies, testimonials, etc.).
- Supporting the delivery of a variety of marketing communication campaigns, as well as the wider marketing strategy.
- Thoroughly reporting on marketing performance and interpreting data to advise on improvements within different channels, and shaping future organic and paid marketing activity.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Marketing Communications Manager.
- Deliver rolling 12-month high quality member-focused and acquisition marketing communications plans.
- Increase awareness of CBI’s impact and value of CBI membership.
- Deliver the BAU email communications schedule, ensuring members receive timely and relevant communications.
- Plan and deliver lead generation campaigns to generate and qualify new prospect information for our sales teams.
- Plan and deliver engaging, relevant member and non-member campaigns in line with wider organisational objectives to ensure CBI’s target audiences are aware of the opportunities open to them, and demonstrate the impact the CBI is making across its policy work.
- Manage day-to-day delivery of campaigns that help demonstrate strong value and ROI of CBI membership to retain and acquire new members
- Ensure relevant web content is always current, relevant and demonstrates CBI membership to its fullest.
- Brief the production of relevant campaign design assets e.g. copy (social and online), videos, etc. to support overall delivery of wider campaigns.
- Support the delivery of event campaigns to help build attendance at member events, and to ensure members maximise ROI on their membership fee and engage with their membership offer; as well as increase non-member event attendance, driving ticket sales and event revenue.
- Track campaign progress to ensure marketing benchmarks are met, ROI is optimised, and to gather insights, learnings and actions to enhance future similar campaigns.
- Contribute to monthly marketing reporting meetings.
- Growth of CBI membership, and reduction in churn of CBI membership.
- Improvement of general marketing performance based on previous CBI marketing benchmarks.
- Timely and effective delivery of numerous projects and campaigns
- Positive member and non-member feedback on CBI communications, campaigns and channels of delivery.
- Positive feedback from colleagues across the CBI on member communication and support collateral.
- Building a strong CBI network and profile.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements:
- Recognised marketing and/or communications qualification with 1+ years’ experience in delivering multichannel marketing and communication plans.
- General knowledge and /or interest in business affairs, national and regional policy.
- Demonstrable knowledge of assisting with delivery of multichannel campaigns that have proven to drive up customer usage and product adoption.
- 1+ years’ experience of email marketing and marketing automation within a B2B environment.
- Experience of helping develop strong and impactful content marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer segmentation, and experience targeting different audiences to deliver impactful campaigns.
- Experience of using marketing delivery systems, Marketing Automation Software / CRM / CMS to produce, personalise and deliver engaging marketing campaigns.
- Experience of manipulating complex marketing data, such as marketing lists and communications metrics to report on campaign performance and demonstrate ROI and manage customer contacts to optimise the customer experience and engagement.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Below are the CBI skills and levels of skills expected for this role based on the pay band it sits within. View the CBI Skills Framework for further information, including descriptions and indicators of each skill.
Planning & organisation
Research & using information
Strategic & business thinking
Managing & leading others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Copywriting skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation
- Commercial focus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results
- Good organisational and team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be think laterally and solve problems
- Ability to build strong relationships – both internally and with key stakeholders
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative –Listening, seeks views of others, collaborative; Will challenge when appropriate.
- Taking ownership –Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile –Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; Improves throughout change; Resilient and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Commercial –Awareness of the wider business environment; provides ROI whilst delivering exceptional service.
- Innovative –Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical –Ensures data is accessible and up to date; is prepared for stakeholder engagements; uses insight and logic to influence.
Diversity and Inclusion
At the CBI, we are committed to attracting diverse talent that represents the society we live in.
We encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion and this is reflected in our policies, practices, and internal employee-led networks and supported by our executive leadership team.
We are a family friendly organisation, and we encourage flexible working as we want our employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Currently our employees are working flexibly (formally and informally) and remotely due to COVID-19, but we offer the opportunity to work in our offices in line with government guidance if somebody should need to.
Our employee-led networks are: BAME, LGBT, Women’s and Working Families and we have qualified Mental Health First Aiders who support our employees in having good mental health.