Closing date: 23 July 2021
The Planning and Delivery Director will be responsible for the coordination of planning and oversight activities that sit at the heart of successful delivery of the CBI’s strategy. They will oversee programmatic delivery, identifying risks and issues to be mitigated, ensuring the successful prioritisation of our capacity and expertise most effectively to drive impact. They will lead quarterly planning cycles, working collaboratively across the organisation with a wide range of senior colleagues. They will also track, report and advise on the overall effectiveness of delivery of the strategic objectives across the organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Drive annual, quarterly and responsive planning across the CBI
- Lead the allocation of organisational priorities through staffing and funding
- Enable the effective delivery against organisational priorities
- Convene colleagues to effectively manage and problem solve capacity and delivery challenges
- Develop project management and reporting methodologies and oversee their implementation
- Act as the Programme Manager to coordinate the delivery of the strategic plan 2021-25
- Lead the Planning & Delivery team and collaborate with other members of the leadership team to make a full and active contribution to all aspects of CBI’s work, maintaining a degree of flexibility, enabling the organisation to make the most of new and unexpected opportunities
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of programme planning and delivery both with direct and matrixed teams
- Experience of working in an organisation driven by both a proactive and reactive agenda
- Experience of working with and chairing teams of very senior individuals, including reporting requirements to Boards
- Experience of delivering organisational change from within a business and team, particularly increasing agility and flexibility
- Experience working in a matrix model with influence and delivery through both line and programme management
- Knowledge of different project management approaches and their suitability
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Basic working knowledge of budgeting and financial processes
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.