Closing date: 15 October 2021
Covering letter and C.V. required
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, high profile team that are looking to recruit for a Power Platform Developer who will report to the IT Infrastructure manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting business solutions based on Microsoft 365 and Azure using the Power Platform and other industry standard technologies.
The role requires a hands-on knowledge of Application and development technology. The incumbent shall have a good understanding of the role of IT in a business.
Business application IT
- Delivering tasks on time to high quality standards
- Provide support and technical expertise for new and current applications
- Identifying organisational needs for new applications
- Design and development of existing and new application
- Guidance and knowledge to CBI staff on application support
- Investigating and diagnosing application faults and errors
- Working within the Infrastructure team help design and deliver new applications and working with 3rd parties where appropriate
- Working with the IT Helpdesk ensure that new applications and enhancements are formally accepted and handed over for operation
- Offer IT support of desktop applications and systems to support the Helpdesk team
- Work with the IT Team to ensure CBI best practices
- Share technical knowledge with IT team members and power users
- Providing support and technical expertise for new and current business applications of all types
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write well and convey technical concepts and information to both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent understanding of customer service
- Effective co-ordination skills – able to prioritise and execute competing activities
- Understanding of ITIL framework and best practices
- Ability to understand business objectives and translate into functionality / requirements
- Ability to configure simple applications using out-of-the-box Office365 functionality
- Experience in creating applications within the Power Platform
- Experience of building O365 applications using PowerApps, Power Automate and SharePoint
- Experience accessing data through APIs
- Some experience of software development methodologies and design techniques e.g. UML, Agile
- Powershell scripting knowledge
- Ability to perform Sprint testing and support UAT
- Ability to develop applications all the way through implementation and handover to users
- Sharepoint Online Administration Skills
- Microsoft CRM Dynamics 365 familiarity
- SQL Server
- Exchange Online Admin
- Project management experience
- Experience creating technology solutions using best of breed products
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Windows desktop clients up to and including Windows 10
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent understanding of customer service; Proven ability to work within a team and lead when required.
- Taking ownership – A professional and mature attitude to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring delivery of tasks.
- Agile – The ability to work under pressure, ensuring responsive service and responding positively to changing priorities. Show flexibility when supporting staff and stakeholders.
- Commercial – Awareness of the supplier contracts within IT and Facilities, including the management of these contracts and in some cases the ownership.
- Innovative – A self-starter with the ability to come up with fresh solutions and ideas. Not only coming up with the ideas but the implementation plan for those ideas. Consistently reviews approaches with the view to improve.
- Analytical – A standard and sensible approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail. Especially in key areas where the detail can be key (contracts and processes specifically).
Diversity & Inclusion
At the CBI, we are committed to attracting diverse talent that represents the society we live in.
We encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion and this is reflected in our policies, practices, and internal employee-led networks and supported by our executive leadership team.
We are a family-friendly organisation, and we encourage flexible working as we want our employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Currently, our employees are working flexibly (formally and informally) and remotely due to COVID-19, but we offer the opportunity to work in our offices in line with government guidance if somebody should need to.
Our employee-led networks are: Race and Ethnicity Equality, LGBT + Network, Women’s and Working Families and we have qualified Mental Health First Aiders who support our employees in having good mental health.
To apply press here