Closing date: 23 July 2021
The CBI is Britain's voice of business. We have recently launched our ‘Seize the Moment’ strategy which sets out an ambitious programme of work through which we will shape the future economy, inspire and enable members to thrive, speak for all business, deliver successful ventures and develop a more dynamic CBI.
The strategy identifies six business-led opportunities – prizes – that the UK could capture by 2030, which are worth around £700 billion for the UK:
- A decarbonised economy, winning the global race to net-zero
- An innovation economy, breakthrough ideas and technologies, adopted by all
- A globalised economy, making the UK a trading powerhouse
- A regionally thriving economy, ensuring every region and nation has distinctive, global strengths
- An inclusive economy, where work enables all talent to progress
- A healthier nation, with health the foundation of wellbeing and economic growth.
It is an exciting time to join the CBI. Do you want to be part of a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reset the UK economy?
The newly created role of Programme Director, Regions will be accountable for the delivery of our economic goal to create a regionalised economy by 2030, in which every UK region and nation can play to its strengths. They will be responsible for the overall design and delivery of the programme ensuring the activation, engagement and influence of both business and government in pursuit of this goal, developing the subject matter expertise the CBI needs to have impact. They will lead the development of regional policy and write the playbook for successful economic clusters. They will identify and work with external partners and internal stakeholders to ensure the regional programme is successfully integrated into the broader CBI approach.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Design a programme of work to maximise UK success across business to government and business to business activation in this area
- Lead and inspire a programme team to deliver that work, learning and adapting based on prioritisation and delivery each quarter
- Develop deep subject matter expertise personally and within the team and represent the CBI externally on this topic
- Drive policy outcomes specifically related to the pursuit of the prizes outlined in the strategy
- Deliver out work on economic clusters and engage with a variety of CBI colleagues and members to drive engagement in this agenda
- Direct line management and overall programme management of a wide team
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Subject matter expertise of the programme area
- Professional understanding of how to influence UK policy development
- Experience of programme delivery both with direct and matrixed teams
- Deep expertise of either business to government and business to business influence and activation, preferably both
- Strong understanding of theories of change that drive outcomes through business and government engagement
- Relevant prior experience demonstrating mastery in some elements of the role above
- Strong knowledge of the regional, national and international economic and political climate, including but not limited to the scope of the programme
- Experience working in a matrix model with influence and delivery through both line and programme management
- Proven ability to drive innovative and forward thinking, challenging a mindset of ‘what we have always done’
- Demonstrated intellectual interest and curiosity
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.