Reporting to the Head of Talent and Organisational Development the role of the Recruitment Adviser will be to work with the Talent team and wider HR team to ensure the resourcing needs of the organisation are met. A busy, high profile role within the organisation; this will be delivered through a proactive, innovative, customer and candidate-focussed approach. This role entails working closely with the HR team, hiring managers and other key stakeholders to ensure resourcing interventions support the attraction and selection of diverse, high calibre staff into the CBI.
Sourcing (with a focus on direct recruitment)
- Be the lead for recruitment across the business, managing the whole recruitment process from start to end (taking briefs, support creating job descriptions, creating and posting job adverts, briefing agencies, setting up interviews, screening candidates, supporting with interview questions, offer management and onboarding)
- Screen and interview candidates; providing input into the selection process
- Alongside the Talent coordinator, proactively liaise with hiring managers to ensure a proactive and collaborative customer service
- Ensure the candidate experience (whether internal or external) is highly professional, positively memorable and a seamless transition through all the stages (i.e. from attraction to induction)
- Identify and manage a small number of external suppliers and agencies, ensuring they deliver consistent quality and cost-efficient service
- Directly recruit candidates into the business when appropriate, using various methods to attract talent
- Manage and maintain talent pools to create a pipeline into and through the business
- Work with the HR team to promote and maintain a high standard of professional recruitment and selection practice, aligned with the behaviours of the organisation
- In partnership with the HR Partners and Talent team provide a service that is innovative and proactively delivers the agreed resourcing plans
- Partner with the Diversity and Inclusion Adviser to ensure our processes support the attraction and recruitment of a diverse range of candidates aligned to our diversity and inclusion strategy
- Alongside the wider HR team, design and deliver talent resourcing strategies which enhance the employer brand and maximise the use of appropriate technology to engage potential candidates (including social networking etc.)
- Design and deliver recruitment and selection training to managers, ensuring it remains current, up to date and promotes ownership of sound management practices within the recruitment and selection process
- Ensure the Recruitment and Selection policy and Inclusive recruitment guide is regularly reviewed and continues to reflect both up-to-date employment law and best practice
Monitor and report on recruitment
- Capture and analyse recruitment data and produce regular resourcing metrics for the Senior Management Team, enabling them to make informed operational and strategic decisions
- Use recruitment data to inform improvements to our recruitment approach and better ways of working
- Manage the spend against the recruitment budget.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Director of HR from time to time
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Significant experience of working in recruitment and delivering a proactive end to end recruitment service (preferably internally in a not-for-profit culture.
- Experience of implementing new recruitment and selection initiatives, including applicant tracking systems.
- Thorough knowledge of current law and best practice in relation to recruitment and ability to develop recruitment and selection policies and procedures that align with the organisational strategy.
- Experience of budget management and sufficient financial acumen to deal in a cost-effective way with all recruitment and selection, including advertising.
- Good analytical skills to interpret management Information and strong lateral thinking to identify innovative and effective recruitment solutions.
The practical actions required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Significant interviewing skills of a range of different role levels and types
- Skilled in advising, coaching and working collaboratively with senior and middle managers on recruitment and selection matters
- Strong relationship management skills (including advocacy skills with the ability to persuade and influence) and personal credibility to establish effective relationships within the organisation and externally
- Ability to handle challenging conversations in a harmonious manner
- Ability to work in a team and independently to a high standard without constant supervision
- Proficient organisation, project management and time management skills; ability to multi-task managing multiple projects/demands at times
- Microsoft Office skills
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem-solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
Equal Opportunity Employer
Be You! Where everyone feels they can belong
We are the voice to over 190,000 businesses, large and small across the UK. Together, they employ nearly 7 million people!
Our aim is to create prosperity for all! To do that well, we need a workforce that is more representative of the businesses we serve!
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more innovative work environment that delivers better results. To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we’ve encouraged the creation of a variety of Employee Resource Groups - Women, LGBT+, BAME and Working Families.
We recognise the many benefits flexible working can bring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking and will accommodate where possible.
How to apply
Please submit your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Recruitment Adviser' as the subject.