Closing date: 23 July 2021
The CBI is Britain's voice of business. We have recently launched our ‘Seize the Moment’ strategy which sets out an ambitious programme of work through which we will shape the future economy, inspire and enable members to thrive, speak for all business, deliver successful ventures and develop a more dynamic CBI.
The strategy identifies six business-led opportunities – prizes – that the UK could capture by 2030, which are worth around £700 billion for the UK:
- A decarbonised economy, winning the global race to net-zero
- An innovation economy, breakthrough ideas and technologies, adopted by all
- A globalised economy, making the UK a trading powerhouse
- A regionally thriving economy, ensuring every region and nation has distinctive, global strengths
- An inclusive economy, where work enables all talent to progress
- A healthier nation, with health the foundation of wellbeing and economic growth.
It is an exciting time to join the CBI. Do you want to be part of a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reset the UK economy?
We are looking for four subject matter experts to join the CBI as Senior Proposition Managers. Each Senior Proposition Manager will lead on one of our thematic programmes of work:
- A decarbonised economy – leading the global race to net zero
- An innovative economy - driving an innovation revolution across business, of every sector and size
- A globalised economy - reaping the rewards of UK trade and inward investment.
- A healthier economy – supporting the health of the nation and improved business performance.
Senior Proposition Managers will be accountable for the development and delivery of a programme of engagement and content that delivers member benefit and activation in alignment with the theme they adopt. They will also identify key enabling actions required by the government, building the policy position to support those, working to engage wider stakeholders through a ‘crowding in’ mindset to maximise the likelihood that the UK will succeed in the pursuit of the prizes at stake for each theme.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Design a B2B programme of work to maximise UK success in this area, that meets member needs, deepens their engagement with the CBI and helps them drive real action
- Work collaboratively across the business to deliver B2B output within that design programme and evolve it based on feedback and insight
- Deliver value to members (and potential members) who are leading the way in this area
- Develop subject matter expertise and act as a central point of reference for commercial colleagues on this topic
- Provide broader proposition and product capacity and leadership
- Work collaboratively with other members of the leadership team to make a full and active contribution to all aspects of CBI’s work, maintaining a degree of flexibility i.e., supporting across other theme areas when they are prioritised for a particular period of time, enabling the organisation to make the most of new and unexpected opportunities
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Subject matter expertise of the programme area in question
- Expertise of either B2B influence and activation, preferably both
- Delivery of products and content that engages B2B audiences
- Understanding of how the actions needed could be implemented within different types of business
- Demonstration of research / customer / insight led proposition development and measurement of its success
- Demonstration of ability to use and effectively leverage the full range of distribution channels for a B2B audience
- Understanding of current challenges and opportunities facing UK business
- Experience working in a matrix model with influence and delivery through both line and programme management
- Proven ability to drive innovative and forward thinking, challenging a mindset of ‘what we have always done’
- Demonstrated intellectual interest and curiosity
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.