This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team.
A newly created role within the team the Social Media Marketing Executive role will have two main areas of responsibility:
Driving and delivering social media plans for key member facing marketing campaigns, led by the Marketing Operations team.
Supporting our events and sponsorship teams deliver engaging, customer facing social media campaigns to drive acquisition and deliver on obligations forming part of major sponsorship contracts.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Marketing Communications Manager and working closely with the events and sponsorship team.
- Plan, manage and deliver the social media element of key marketing and events campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Marketing Operations, Events and Corporate Comms to create and deliver social media plans.
- Analyse and report on social media campaigns to key stakeholders and to feed into a continuous improvement loop for B2B social media marketing within the CBI.
- Contribute social media marketing ideas and plans for marketing campaigns and to sponsorship proposals.
- Create content for social platforms that drives engagement and delivers both CBI objectives and sponsor deliverables.
- Works collaboratively with marketing campaign owners, events and sponsorship project teams to ensure all activities meet marketing and sponsorship.
- Provide additional social media marketing support to the regional event teams to support them in their activities.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of using social media management tools particularly Hootsuite.
- Experience of creating and managing ad campaigns in Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of the social media landscape for B2B audiences particularly c-level.
- Experience of creating, scheduling and tracking success of social content for B2B audiences.
- Good organisational and team working skills.
- Understanding of marketing strategy and the role social media plays with the marketing strategy.
- Excellent copy and creative writing skills.
- Good all-round communicator with ability to present and discuss campaigns with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible/ think laterally in problem solving.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Social Media Marketing Executive' as the subject.