The Talent Coordinator is responsible for providing administration and coordination support to the CBI Talent function. This includes recruitment and selection, onboarding and induction and learning and organisational development. The Talent Coordinator will work closely with the Recruitment Adviser and the Head of Talent and OD and act as an ambassador for the HR Team by ensuring an excellent standard of customer care for the business as well as our external stakeholders. This FTC role is for maternity cover.
Recruitment and selection
- Acting as a first point of contact for candidates, responding/contacting in a timely fashion to ensure an excellent candidate experience
- Monitoring the Recruitment inbox and responding to queries
- Proactively support managers throughout the recruitment process, ensuring they understand the process and what’s expected of them
- Assisting with relationship management of recruitment agencies, scrutinising the service they provide including quality of candidates submitted
- Schedule interviews and work tests, liaising with candidates, agents and hiring managers
- Record relevant candidate data such as current salary, notice period and salary expectations
- Ensure accurate saving and filing of relevant recruitment information for each vacancy, such as interview notes, interview questions and job descriptions
- Uploading job descriptions/advertisements to the CBI website and various job boards as necessary
- Supporting the Recruitment Adviser with sourcing candidates for vacancies as required (directly as well as through agencies), with a focus on providing a diverse pool of candidates for all shortlists.
Onboarding and induction
- Managing the employee onboarding process for CBI new starters, ensuring a seamless transition for candidates from the recruitment stage through to becoming new starters
- Carrying out all necessary administration to ensure a smooth onboarding process, including offer paperwork, creating profiles in HR system, and keeping relevant tracking documents up to date
- Sharing new starter information with others as necessary, e.g. HR Advisers, weekly meetings
- Creating a new starter first day induction timetable in accordance with the starters, leavers and movers process
- Performing reference checks for new starters
- Ensuring new starters are signed up to any relevant training, e.g. CBI Induction Day
- Creating and managing employee files and ensuring relevant paperwork is saved.
Learning and development
- Supporting the Head of Talent and OD to arrange Learning & OD training and courses, including liaising with external training providers, booking rooms and managing calendar invites
- Preparing and managing delegate lists, course materials and necessary equipment (e.g. flip charts, laptop) for training courses
- Maintaining a positive relationship with training providers and trainers
- Monitoring the L&D inbox to ensure all queries are managed in a timely manner
- Keeping the CBI learning and development calendar and intranet up to date
- Maintaining accurate records of training and development activity
- Send and receive evaluations for training courses, analysing results and making suggestions for improvement where necessary.
Knowledge and experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience in an administration/co-ordination role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of working within a recruitment team, learning and development or a wider HR team
- Good standard of IT knowledge, Word and PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience of using HR/L & D systems for data entry and production of reports.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements.
- Collaborative – Listening, seeking views and sharing information; constructively challenging when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy.
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; responding positively to shifting priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – gathering information and using logic to analyse, problem solve, evaluate risk and make decisions.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Talent Coordinator' as the subject.