Closing date: 23 July 2021
The CBI is Britain's voice of business. We have recently launched our ‘Seize the Moment’ strategy which sets out an ambitious programme of work through which we will shape the future economy, inspire and enable members to thrive, speak for all business, deliver successful ventures and develop a more dynamic CBI.
The strategy identifies six business-led opportunities – prizes – that the UK could capture by 2030, which are worth around £700 billion for the UK:
- A decarbonised economy, winning the global race to net-zero
- An innovation economy, breakthrough ideas and technologies, adopted by all
- A globalised economy, making the UK a trading powerhouse
- A regionally thriving economy, ensuring every region and nation has distinctive, global strengths
- An inclusive economy, where work enables all talent to progress
- A healthier nation, with health the foundation of wellbeing and economic growth.
It is an exciting time to join the CBI. Do you want to be part of a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reset the UK economy?
The role of Website Editor has been created within our newly formed digital team. This is an exciting opportunity to join us on the cusp of a wider digital transformation, and it is perfect for someone digitally-savvy who enjoys creating and refining online content. This role will work on our website, and potentially other digital platforms as we expand moving forwards and will have overall ownership of editing and uploading a variety of engaging content onto our site. You will have a unique opportunity to work with different teams across the entire organisation to create content, from colleagues in Campaigns through to Commercial and Policy. You’ll also be encouraged to share ideas, help shape the direction of travel and support us to find creative ways to grow our digital presence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion. Please let us know if you require any flexibility or support to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process or if awarded the role.
Key Responsibilities of The Role
- Creating and refining online content, using customer insight and inspiration / industry trends to ideate and shape content for our website
- Identifying opportunities to turn technical content into something meaningful for members – working with our design and video teams to bring your ideas to life
- Writing inspiring copy for articles, campaigns and events
- Working with colleagues from across the CBI to adapt style and tone of digital content for different audiences, situations and formats
- First-line management, population and monitoring of online content including monitoring, analysis and reporting on the performance of our website
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Copywriting / content experience
- IT literate and digitally-savvy
- Some knowledge of on-page SEO or a willingness to learn
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with PPC / paid ads
- Experience with Google Analytics
Read the full job description and apply here
Why Join The CBI?
We’ll provide you with unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We also offer an impressive range of benefits including a competitive salary and pension contribution, a flexible benefits scheme including health, wealth and lifestyle options, access to mental health professionals and subsidised private health care, flexible working, enhanced parental leave pay, maternity and shared parental leave, volunteering leave and a complementary moving day.
To apply, you will need to submit a current CV and a cover letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they align to the role.