20 October 2020
11:00 - 13:00
A ‘manifesto from business’ for a shared island: strategies responding to a new North/South dynamic and the Ireland/Northern Ireland Protocol.
Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic are presenting immediate and substantial challenges to businesses, particularly to those with all-island operations. But what about the longer-term needs?
A ‘manifesto from business for a shared island’ is currently being prepared by the CBI-Ibec Joint Business Council. Join us at this all-island online event to:
Welcome and Introduction: promoting economic growth and peace on the island
• Danny McCoy, CEO, Ibec and Conference Chair
• Adrian Doran, Chair, CBI Northern Ireland
• Alastair Blair, President, Ibec
Session One: Investing in a shared island: to sustain joined up and coordinated long term recovery, connectivity and resilience supporting business and employment.
Strategic Overview: on the shared policy challenges and opportunities:
• Angela McGowan, Director, CBI Northern Ireland
• Fergal O’Brien, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, Ibec
Operational Insights: business leaders share their experience and perspectives
• Baileys – a shared global success story: Jennifer English, Global Brand Director (SVP), Diageo
• Balcas – forestry’s unrealised potential in meeting all-island climate challenges: Brian Murphy, CEO, Balcas
• First Derivatives – an all island financial services business model: Catherine Harrison, SVP HR, First Derivatives
Session Two: Implementing the Protocol: to underpin stability, peace and prosperity with arrangements that protect and sustain the N/S shared all island economy.
• Keynote: Máiréad McGuinness, Commissioner for Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
• Update: Tony Connelly, RTÉ Europe Editor
• Overview: Professor Katy Hayward, Queen’s University Belfast
Summary and Conclusions: Participants responses and pathways to the future
• Michael D’Arcy: Ibec and CBI Joint Business Council
Senior level CBI and Ibec members are invited to join this event.
About the CBI-Ibec Joint Business Council:
The CBI-Ibec Joint Business Council was formed in 1991 and works to promote an optimal business environment on the island of Ireland and advance competitiveness for the benefit of both jurisdictions - north and south. Any CBI member company operating an all-island business is welcome join the Joint Business Council.
Note to Ibec Members and Stakeholders:
Please note that this event is being jointly hosted by CBI and Ibec. Registrations for this event are being managed by CBI and by registering your attendance to this event you will be agreeing to share your information with CBI. This information will only be used for the purposes of this event.