The need to navigate the current political uncertainty and communicate your messages in a clear, impactful and persuasive way to influence the policy debate has never been greater.
Drawing on the experience and expertise of the CBI’s campaigns team, you will gain the insight you need into the key developments in the UK’s political landscape, helping you to develop a strategy for your business to navigate these trends.
Sharing some of the tools and techniques the CBI uses in its headline campaigns, this workshop will analyse how the political and campaigning environments have evolved, the key steps in planning your campaign and how to execute your strategy effectively to achieve your campaign goals.
Having attended this workshop, delegates will understand:
- The key developments in the political and campaigning environments and what these mean for your business
- The processes involved in developing and executing successful plans
- Best practices to help you develop your key messages and tell your story in the most impactful way
Sessions will be held with a variety of speakers from the CBI:
- John Foster, Director of Campaigns, CBI
- Callum Biggins, Head of Campaigns, CBI
- Pete McManus, Principal Campaigns Adviser, CBI
Dates and locations
- London (CBI Headquarters) - 13 February 2020
- Manchester - 26 March 2020
- Birmingham - 18 June 2020
- London (CBI Headquarters) - 1 July 2020
- Leeds - 8 September 2020
Why is campaigning important for business?
- UK political environment – understanding the external environment, key trends and what it means for business
- SWOT/ PEST
Planning your campaign
Why planning is important
- Alignment with corporate strategy, defining objectives, developing a plan, what does success look like
- Campaign building blocks
- Defining your audience
- Selecting your channel
Executing your campaign
- Overton window
- Stakeholder engagement mapping
- Relationship management
- Influencing Parliament
- Social media
Who should attend?
This is an introductory-level programme suitable for those new to public affairs or government affairs teams or for whom campaigning is a new area of responsibility. It will provide an excellent orientation and grounding in core techniques and methodologies as well as sharing the learnings of CBI.
All CBI members and non-members are welcome. Suitable for anyone looking to influence the government agenda directly or through their teams (Government Affairs, Public Affairs, Communications and Public Relations)
Those likely to benefit from attending include:
- Campaigns officer
- Policy officer
- External affairs officer
- Government affairs officer
- Public affairs officer
- Communications executive
- SME owner/proprietor
Standard delegate - £695 PLUS VAT
CBI Member delegate - £495 PLUS VAT
Not a CBI Member:
Why not consider joining? See the benefits of becoming a CBI member here.
Can’t make this workshop?
Don’t worry, we can also run this session in-house, bespoke to your organisation. If this is of interest please contact the Leadership development team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Leadership development team via email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for CBI events are available here.
Committed to protecting your privacy:
We respect your privacy. For more information on how we are committed to protecting your privacy and data, please click here.