With the coronavirus pandemic having heavily impacted the UK business landscape, and disrupting operations worldwide, many companies are still fighting to survive this crisis, whilst thinking about 'what next?'.
This year, the UK economy has faced unprecedented shocks, alongside record government intervention – the effects of which are still unfolding. Join Rain Newton-Smith (Chief Economist, CBI), Mel Stride MP (Chair, Treasury Select Committee) and Lizi Hills (Commercial Finance Director, Burger King) to discuss this year's economic performance, including:
- How coronavirus has impacted the economy, the key challenges faced and what businesses need to prepare for as we look ahead to next year
- The Treasury Select Committee’s plans over the coming months as they explore the measures needed to boost recovery
- The latest CBI research and insights, and ways your business can get involved
- Rain Newton-Smith, Chief Economist, CBI
- Mel Stride MP, Chair, Treasury Select Committee
- Lizi Hills, Commercial Finance Director, Burger King
- Ceri Thomas, Editor and Partner, Tortoise Media (chair)
Replacing the Daily Coronavirus Webinars, our new bi-weekly broadcast, CBI @10am will help support you through the next phase, giving you expert insight and intelligence to continue adapting, and providing the guidance you need to restart and boost your business, and build resilience for the new normal.
Webinar recordings are made available on the same day of broadcast between 16:00 and 17:00. If you have signed up for the webinar, you will be sent a follow-up email with a link to the recording. You can also access all previous recordings on the CBI website.