Firms have been reporting recruitment difficulties since Spring 2021, with challenges particularly acute in the logistics, hospitality and retail sectors. As the UK looks to build back better from the pandemic, these difficulties pose a real risk to firms’ ability to power the recovery.
Join Rain Newton-Smith (Chief Economist, CBI), Mark Staniland (Regional Managing Director, Hays), and Sandra McKenzie-Day (Head of Talent – Europe, CEVA Logistics) for a discussion on:
- Which sectors are particularly impacted by recruitment difficulties, and what underlying factors have contributed to this issue
- What businesses are doing to both attract, and retain, talent in their sector
- What policy levers the CBI believes government can use to tackle this issue, so that firms can power the recovery.
- Rain Newton-Smith, Chief Economist, CBI
- Mark Staniland, Regional Managing Director, Hays
- Sandra McKenzie-Day, Head of Talent – Europe, CEVA Logistics
- James Harding, Co-founder and Editor, Tortoise Media (Chair)
Replacing the Daily Coronavirus Webinars, our new bi-weekly broadcast, CBI @10am will help support you through the next phase, giving you expert insight and intelligence to continue adapting, and providing the guidance you need to restart and boost your business, and build resilience for the new normal.
Webinar recordings are made available on the same day of broadcast between 16:00 and 17:00. If you have signed up for the webinar, you will be sent a follow-up email with a link to the recording. You can also access all previous recordings on the CBI website.