Your daily update on coronavirus, how it’s impacting the business community, and what your business can do to mitigate the impact.
Join this webinar to get an economic update from Rain Newton-Smith (Chief Economist, CBI), and hear key insights from Andy Haldane (Chief Economist, Bank of England) on the economic impact of COVID-19, including:
- How the Bank of England expects the pandemic to impact the UK economy and business, and to what extent monetary and fiscal measures have helped
- The role of the Bank of England in the recovery stage of the crisis and what can be learned from previous crises
- How the UK economy is expected to change post-crisis and how businesses can prepare for and adapt to the economic recovery.
- Rain Newton-Smith, Chief Economist, CBI
- Andy Haldane, Chief Economist, Bank of England (guest speaker)
- Ceri Thomas, Editor and Partner, Tortoise Media (chair)
Webinar recordings are made available on the same day of broadcast between 16:00 and 17:00. If you have signed up for the webinar, you will be sent a follow-up email with a link to the recording. You can also access all previous recordings on the Coronavirus Hub.
As part of our programme of activity during the coronavirus crisis, the CBI will be delivering daily webinars to keep both members and the wider UK abreast of the latest updates and the impact of the virus on key topics and sectors.