The UK’s creative industries are a global success story, generating over £101 billion for the UK economy – equivalent to £11.5 million per hour. Join Dame Carolyn Fairbairn, CBI Director-General; The Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and Sir Peter Bazalgette, ITV Chairman at the launch of the CBI’s new leading creative industries report at ITV in central London.
Centre stage: Keeping the UK’s creative industries in the spotlight, champions our world leading creative industries as the growth architects of the UK economy and explores their positive role in society and in shaping the UK’s soft power. This launch event provides a unique opportunity for firms and policymakers to discuss the CBI’s key recommendations and ensure the UK’s creative industries remain world leaders.
At this pivotal time, the creative industries provide an exciting opportunity for Britain to reposition itself and tell its story. This launch event provides a crucial chance to tell that story.
Here are four great reasons why you should attend this event:
- Discover how to tell the story of why the UK’s creative industries are essential to the prosperity of all UK regions and Brand Britain
- Learn how best to support the industry in continuing to thrive in the face of uncertainty and in a post-Brexit landscape
- Get the chance to discuss the challenges facing your business and industry, as well as hear how others are tackling them
- Be the first to access the report and see examples of excellence in the creative industries
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dame Carolyn Fairbairn, Director-General, CBI
- The Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Sir Peter Bazalgette, Chairman, ITV
Who should attend?
All CBI members are welcome. You’ll particularly benefit from this event if you are:
- CEOs and decision-makers
- Government Affairs Directors/Managers
- Corporate Affairs Director/Managers
- Public Affairs Directors/Managers
- Country Heads of
- Creative industries policymakers and stakeholders
Sectors this event will be of particular interest to, include:
- Arts and Culture
- TV and Film
15:30 Arrival and registration
15:45 Welcome - Sir Peter Bazalgette, ITV
15:50 Welcome and report findings – Dame Carolyn Fairbairn, CBI
16:00 Keynote speech - The Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP
16:10 Networking reception
Central London location to be confirmed.
Important information about tickets:
CBI members will take priority for places but the event is open also for non-members.
If you have any questions:
Not a CBI Member:
Why not consider joining? See the benefits of becoming a CBI member here.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for CBI events are available here.
Committed to protecting your privacy:
We respect your privacy. For more information on how we are committed to protecting your privacy and data, please click here.