As we move towards a new era in our relationship with the EU, it is essential for business leaders to understand how to engage with and influence the European Union.
Join this workshop to build your understanding of the organisational dynamics of the EU, how to build networks with the key stakeholders and where to access core information on policy, regulation and standards. You’ll be immersed in the “Brussels bubble” for real time discussion and analysis on the issues facing businesses looking to work within the EU and with individual member states.
Having attended this programme delegates will:
- Understand EU policy-making process and its impact on the UK past, present and future
- Be fully oriented on the EU and know how to navigate the EU’s directorates
- Have gained an understanding of the EU’s internal organisational dynamics
- Know how to access key information, for example, on grants, regulations and tariffs
- Be able to look ahead to the UK’s future relationship with the EU, gaining practical insight into what this means for business and how to respond as individual business leaders
Sessions will be held with a variety of speakers from CBI, business and the EU institutions.
- Sean McGuire – CBI Director, Europe
- Angela McGowan – Northern Ireland Regional Director
- Elsa Venturini – Principal policy adviser
- Russell Antram – Principal policy adviser
Who should attend?
All CBI members and non-members are welcome. Those most likely to benefit from attending are:
- Business Leaders
- Senior Managers
- Public Affairs Professionals
Standard delegate - £1,195 PLUS VAT
CBI Member delegate - £895 PLUS VAT
Participants are expected to cover the cost of their transport and accommodation during the workshop, but the CBI will provide access to discounted hotel rates and will provide refreshments throughout the sessions.
Not a CBI Member:
Why not consider joining? See the benefits of becoming a CBI member here.
Can’t make this workshop?
Don’t worry, we can also run this session in-house, bespoke to your organisation. If this is of interest please contact the Leadership development team via email@example.com.
Please contact the Leadership development team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for CBI events are available here.
Committed to protecting your privacy:
We respect your privacy. For more information on how we are committed to protecting your privacy and data, please click here.