Since the last webinar, the Prime Minister introduced further restrictions in an attempt to contain new coronavirus cases, a new Lifetime Skills Guarantee, the Chancellor announced the introduction of the Job Support Scheme from November and more local lockdowns have been implemented across the UK nations and regions.
All these factors together – and Brexit looming on the horizon too - are putting pressure on businesses. As we enter the winter season, mental health and wellbeing support will be crucial for employees and new ways of keeping your workforce engaged is more important than ever.
Led by the Policy Team, we would like to explore how you are approaching the winter and what the prospects are for your organisation in the next six months, what’s needed from government and what measures you’re taking to support your staff throughout this period.
We will be keen to explore, in a Chatham House B2B environment with you, these areas for discussion:
- What extra measures, if any, are you taking to support your staff and maintain productivity with the new prospect of a ‘virtual lockdown’ for the next six months? What are the greatest challenges you are facing managing hybrid teams?
- With the Job Retention Scheme ending soon, do you still have staff on furlough? If so, what are your plans for when it ends? Are you planning to use the Job Support Scheme?
- With local lockdowns becoming more common, what risks do you foresee for potential disruptions to your business? Are you expecting to see higher absence-rates over the Autumn due to Test & Trace isolation instructions? If so, what impact will this have on your operations and cash-flow?
- Do you think government’s 'Lifetime Skills Guarantee' goes far enough to support retraining and reskilling of workers? What further support would you find valuable?
This meeting will be of importance to those with a major HR function in their job, or those with the following job titles:
- Chief of People
- Head of HR
- HR Director
- Director of People/Talent
- Diversity and Inclusion Lead