As the summer holidays draw to a close, there is the sense that the economy is entering a new phase. With schools reopening, more businesses operating and bringing staff back to the office and transport systems seeing more people commuting, this webinar session will be discussing how businesses are approaching the last quarter of the year and what their main concerns are – especially around employment and the end of the Job Retention Scheme.
Led by the CBI’s policy team, we would like to explore with you what extra support is needed for businesses to get through the next phase of the pandemic and restart and boost your companies, and build resilience for the new normal.
We will be keen to explore, in Chatham House B2B environment with you, the areas for discussion:
- With the Job Retention Scheme ending soon, do you still have staff on furlough? If so, what are your plans for when it ends? To what extent has demand returned in your sector?
- The Kickstart Scheme has just been launched and is driving a lot of attention from businesses, is your business planning to use the scheme or an intermediary to take on kickstarters? What are your impressions of the online bidding process and ease of application?
- With local lockdowns becoming more common, what risks do you foresee for potential disruptions to your business? Are you expecting to see higher absence-rates over the Autumn due to Test & Trace isolation instructions? If so, what impact will this have on your operations and cash-flow
- With schools back up and running, what are your plans to support parents who are unable to work if their child is sent home because of a positive covid-case at school? What’s your approach to return to the workplace and how are you managing your staff’s expectations around this?
Ben Rhodes, Senior Associate Director, South West, CBI
You will particularly benefit from attending if you are
- Chief of People
- Head of HR
- HR Director
- Director of People/Talent
- Diversity and Inclusion Lead