This fortnightly Webex meeting supports our members in Yorkshire and the Humber region and will discuss the key HR challenges affecting UK business during the coronavirus crisis.
The webinar will discuss the future of the Job Retention Scheme and other options you may be considering from 1 August, together with the impact of the Test & Trace application on businesses. From the introduction of flexibility from July to enable employers to gradually bring back employees to how the co-payment model will work from August and what alternatives businesses are considering, the session will include a presentation from Alexander Fisher, Partner at Travers Smith with the aim at helping business to face the most pressing issues in these uncertain times.
We will be keen to explore, in Chatham House B2B environment with you, the following questions:
- Are you planning to bring back staff from July on a partial basis? If so, what proportion of your workforce will be operating? How are you choosing who comes back?
- Will you be able to share the cost of the scheme from August or are you thinking about making redundancies or implementing other measures?
- Are there any particular group(s) that won’t be able to return to work and would need to stay in the scheme for longer?
- Have you engaged with your workforce or union representatives to take these decisions?
- What impact will the new Test & Trace guidance have on your business operations?
- Are you planning to implement any new processes or workplace adaptations to mitigate the risk of colleague’s being told to isolate by Test & Trace?
- What financial impact will Test & Trace have on your businesses given that employers told to isolate are eligible for SSP? How do you think Test & Trace will impact your business’ occupational sickness and health and safety policies?
- Emily Moncuit, Associate Regional Director, Yorkshire and the Humber, CBI
- Tanisha Beebee, CBI People and Skills Policy Advisor
Who should join this meeting?
This meeting will be of importance to those with a major HR function in their job, or those with the following job titles:
- Chief of People
- Head of HR
- HR Director
- Director of People/Talent
- Diversity and Inclusion Lead
Can't join us this week?
The People and Skills Network will be held fortnightly on a Thursday. To view our full calendar of People and Skills Network meetings across the UK, please click here.
Register your place today.
This Webex meeting is exclusive to CBI members.
If you have any questions:
Please contact the Event Manager Roger Justin.
Not a CBI Member:
Why not consider joining? See the benefits of becoming a CBI member here.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for CBI events are available here.
Committed to protecting your privacy:
We respect your privacy. For more information on how we are committed to protecting your privacy and data, please click here.