16:00 - 17:30
Political Briefing with CBI Deputy Director-General, Josh Hardie
Brought to you in partnership with Foot Anstey, join us and the CBI’s Deputy Director-General, Josh Hardie for an exclusive look at the latest political insight and an update on the UK-EU trade negotiations, as the UK comes to the end of the transition period. You will also have the opportunity to discuss the key policy issues affecting your company with other business leaders in the South West and see how these feed into the CBI’s priorities for the months ahead.
Following our political update and insight from Josh we will be joined by the South West and Regional Policy team, alongside specialists from our session partner, Foot Anstey, where we will facilitate several breakout sessions to share our Reviving Regions publication. During the breakout sessions we will share the recommendations and explore how these can be rolled out within the region and the impacts these may have.
The report will set out what action is needed to ensure regions can quickly bounce back from the impact of COVID-19 and Brexit, whilst addressing the longstanding gaps in productivity and inequality across England.
We’ll be joined by Jim Hubbard (Head of Regional Policy, CBI) and the three areas we will focus on are:
- Developing strong local labour markets through improved national, regional and local collaboration, and the further devolution of adult skills
- Expanding the vibrancy of places through improved connectivity delivered by improved approaches to regional funding and closing the physical and digital connectivity gap between core towns and cities
- Attracting world class and innovative businesses to all regions through short term support for businesses burdened with high levels of debt, and the levelling up and devolution of regional R&D funding.
Four great reasons to register for this event:
- Hear the CBI’s latest interactions with government through Josh's role as CBI Deputy Director-General
- Gain fresh perspectives and intelligence on key issues and challenges affecting business, before posing questions to Josh during our Chatham House Q&A
- Build your profile and make lasting business connections that will help drive your business forward during these times of uncertainty
- Have the opportunity to take part in a discussion on the economy, alongside other regional business leaders and stakeholders.
In partnership with Foot Anstey
CBI member - single ticket
Interested in CBI Membership?
Not a member? See why you should join