This event will provide an opportunity for businesses to feed into the CBI’s submissions to the Government consultations on sexual harassment at work and transparency on family friendly policies.
The roundtable discussion will consist of two parts: sexual harassment at work and transparency on family friendly policies.
Part 1) Sexual harassment at work
Sexual harassment in any form is illegal but remains a problem that too many people continue to be exposed to – also in their workplace. Businesses understand the importance of creating safe and inclusive workplaces but more needs to be done to make sure they take all the steps they can to prevent sexual harassment from happening.
Focus of the discussion
- We are looking to hear insights and opinions from members on the proposal to introduce a new duty for employers to prevent sexual harassment from happening in the first place, and,
- On the proposal to re-introduce section 40 of the Equality Act to protect workers from third party harassment.
Part 2) Transparency on family friendly policies
Companies are committed to closing the gender pay gap and have taken action to improve flexible working and family related pay and leave. A new government consultation suggests that more can be done to support families and that increased transparency can lead to improved clarity, certainty and understanding of employers’ policies.
Focus of the discussion
- We are looking to hear insights and opinions from members on the proposal to introduce a requirement for employers to publish their parental leave and pay policies and flexible working policies and,
- On the proposal to introduce a requirement for employers to state in job adverts whether flexible working may be available or not.
Attend this member consultation on sexual harassment at work and on transparency on family friendly policies and:
- Help influence and shape CBI policy, and our Government responses on the consultation on sexual harassment at work and the consultation on transparency on family friendly policies
- Make new connections and learn from peers what they are doing to tackle these issues
- Gain expert insight from the CBI’s employment law and employee relations team
Who should attend?
This is a CBI member only roundtable discussion and all CBI members are welcome. You’ll particularly benefit from this event if you are:
- D&I Director/HR Director/ People Director/ Talent Director/ Personnel Director
- Head of D&I/ Head of HR/ Head of Talent/ Head of People
- HR Business Partner
- Diversity and Inclusion Manager / HR Manager
- Government Affairs / Corporate Affairs Director/Head of
- Public Affairs Directors / Heads of
Space is limited at this event. Book today to secure your place.
Important information about tickets:
This event is exclusive to CBI Members only, and tickets are limited (maximum 20).
If you have any questions:
Please contact the Event Manager Elena Savvides.
Not a CBI Member:
Why not consider joining? See the benefits of becoming a CBI member here.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for CBI events are available here.
Committed to protecting your privacy:
We respect your privacy. For more information on how we are committed to protecting your privacy and data, please click here.