With fears of a second wave of infections, more local lockdowns across the UK nations and regions, the end of the Job Retention Scheme and the introduction of the Job Support Scheme, firms now face difficult employment decisions in the months ahead. Join us for a discussion on how to adapt to this new employment landscape and get practical guidance and tips on the best ways to consult employees who are furloughed or working from home, as well as legal advice.
We will discuss:
- The impact that the pandemic is having on the labour market
- Early insights from the CBI/Pertemps Employment Trends survey, including
- how businesses are responding to the ongoing economic uncertainty
- key drivers of employee engagement
- Practical steps your business can take to support staff in the challenging months ahead
- What government support can help enable a jobs-rich recovery and support for employers
- How to manage redundancies.
- Eugenia Migliori, Principal Policy Advisor, Employment Law and Employee Relations, CBI
- Susan Raftery, Senior Advisor, ACAS
- Adam Hartley, Head of Employment, UK, DLA Piper
- Deborah Fraser, Director - Regions, CBI (Chair)
If you have questions, or examples in mind, please send them over by email to Diane.Williams@cbi.org.uk ahead of the webinar